old pic...

found this pic, and thought i`d put it up to see if there was anybody else here into the other kind of working dogs:

dogs name is bowie,a german sheperd bred by the norwegian army.

had a great year with the k9-unit, but did a lot of stuff that i don`t think i`d be motivated for today, like patroling around a fotball field for 30 hours straight.

lots of experience though, with sheps, malinois and tervurens, got bitten by the lot of them too.

so, anyone out there into the schutzhund business?

Edited by mart

found this pic, and thought i`d put it up to see if there was anybody else here into the other kind of working dogs:

19536_269932666205_537016205_494855.jpg

had a great year with the k9-unit, but did a lot of stuff that i don`t think i`d be motivated for today, like patroling around a fotball field for 30 hours straight.

lots of experience though, with sheps, malinois and tervurens, got bitten by the lot of them too.

looks like my old shepard that died a few months ago aged 10 he was of direct german lines from peterhead prison stock weighed in at 9 stone great temperment with children.... only ate one a day.... but was a cracking gaurd, loyal companion and allways up for learning something knew even when older. a good hunting dog as well... deer or fox. as well as tracking human.

19536_269932666205_537016205_494855.jpg

SEEN THEM TRAINING SHEPPERD'S AND THEM BELGIUM DOGS AND GIANT SCHNOUSARS SPELLING DIFFERANT CLASS, SCHUTZAND TRAING MAKE ARE POLICE DOGS LOOK LIKE MONGRELS :yes:

riesenschauzer?

the showpeople have ruined them i think, they have become a very unstable breed both physically and mentally.

its a shame though, they used to be some machines.

THE CONTROL THEY HAVE ON THEM DOGS IS IMPRESSIVE , AN EX COPPER TOLD ME THERE

STREETS AHEAD OF ANY THING THE POLICE HAVE IN BRITAIN , THE LAD IN THE ATTACK SUIT

HAS SOME BOTTLE :yes:

Im a big fan of the Mali, have spent time visiting schutzhund clubs around England and been to see them compete at the Nationals, i also had the pleasure of seeing a little Mondio training.

There was only one guy training Mondio in England and hes quit now from what i hear.

Unfortunatly with my commitments i havnt the time to take a working shepard on at the moment but one day in the future i would like to think i could give it more of my time.

ATB Bulldoug

riesenschauzer?

the showpeople have ruined them i think, they have become a very unstable breed both physically and mentally.

its a shame though, they used to be some machines.

damn right mate,another example of a good working dog breed being buggered by tits who are more interested in looks than what the dog has been bred to do.