carp fishing in winter

I was doin quite well up until the big freeze,me and my mates normally fish every weekend. Im on the south coast so it only really happened last weekend. Ive still been goin down the lake and putting my bait in (thru holes in the ice) Ive had a 22lb and a 17.6lb fully scaled mirrors on my homemade boilies so Im well chuffed. Would post pics but I dont know how to do all that url stuff,can I not just attach straight off my pc some how?

Had some reasonable sessions up to the freeze.

Mainly on single pop ups or criticlly balanced snow man rigs

All waters in north west well frozen now with over 2" of ice so cant even do an ice break

Visited Four sesons and Wyreside but no luck

When ice breaks,I would sggest to anyone to visit four seasons at Blackpool. Its a fairly new venue with two waters a ond at 4 and a smale lake at 9 acres

Small one (Mill Lake) is a real runs had 12 in 24 hour session late November. You do need to fish it though as check and hope does not work. Thats why many blank at this place.

Has a good cafe and elect on all pegs.

5* facilities

And No, I am not par of the fishery team, even though this sounds like an advert

Edited by CHEFDON50

Dunno if I could do a 48 sess up north anymore,been down south too long. I remember trying to break through the leeds and liverpool canal as a kid,trying to test out me new fishing gear,seems mental now. Done a 48hr on Broadlands lake just before new year and got flooded out the 1st night,water came up 18" over the bank by mornin. No fish either.

as soon as this freez is over i am going to get stuck into the fishing again i cant look at these four walls any longer lol what baits have been working for yu guys this winter? i have still been catching on the more fruity baits ie, bannana,pineapple,strawbury,and the old fave tuty fruty over a bed of trout pellets and some times tiped off with a fake peace of corn

as soon as this freez is over i am going to get stuck into the fishing again i cant look at these four walls any longer lol what baits have been working for yu guys this winter? i have still been catching on the more fruity baits ie, bannana,pineapple,strawbury,and the old fave tuty fruty over a bed of trout pellets and some times tiped off with a fake peace of corn

Always found Richworth tutti`s to be good or something spicy or garlic.....but take this with a pinch of balachan,cos I`ve still got to catch me a 30...Happy hunting,Rob.

Where abouts do you go round here mate? i struggle to find anywhere decent, means a lot of travelling to catch the better fish if you ask me

Where abouts do you go round here mate? i struggle to find anywhere decent, means a lot of travelling to catch the better fish if you ask me

i have been doing alot at a place called raker lake its a nice pond wit some great fish mate

used to do a lot of my sessions from september onwards, preferred it as its alot quieter had some good fish out of redesmere/capesthorne and petty pool used to fish right through the winter used to fish pickmere alot aswell, never had anything big out of there though, single 10mm boilies cast them out and leave them out biggest was 34lb 2oz

used to do a lot of my sessions from september onwards, preferred it as its alot quieter had some good fish out of redesmere/capesthorne and petty pool used to fish right through the winter used to fish pickmere alot aswell, never had anything big out of there though, single 10mm boilies cast them out and leave them out biggest was 34lb 2oz

thats a good size fish my pb is 27lb hope i can beat it this year all my bigger fish have come in winter

just had a look at the raker lake web site mate, looks a good water for big carp and not too far from me :thumbs: might give it a go after the big freeze :cry:

raker is a nice pond mate stocked with plenty of big carp also the bank is always clean and tidy with plenty of space on every peg

if you ring them to book a peg give peg 13 and 5 a wide birth mate you dont get much water they are both corner pegs but can still produce good fish

• 2 weeks later...