Ratting with Plummers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Sumo got an invite a few months ago and had a count up of 702 with a small bobbery pack, he rackons there was at least another 300 which the dogs buried whilst digging on still in the litter trays under the chicken sheds. The tractor couldnt pull out trays for the mud. It was quit inacessible as there was only enough room for dogs from top of litter to under floor. Perhaps any of the lads who were there can give us a post. As for myself I only manage up to 2 dozen with 3 or 4 terriers on my pitches.

• 2 weeks later...

top result and look like you lot had a cracking time, i got asked off a farmer a few weeks back if my whippets would catch rats, never tried but said i would give the a go,

when down of the first day for and hour and they caught 62, second day only had 1/2 hour but another 25, and then on our 3rd outing they caught another 112, farmer was over the moon as i was for 2 novis whippets and a very novis ratter was my first time on the rats, talk about non stop action heres a couple of pics for you.

62 in one hour

DSC_6977-1.jpg

25 in 30mins

DSC_7114.jpg

112 rats in 1hour and 30mins

DSC_7238.jpg

and a couple of action shot

DSC_7122.jpg

DSC_7134.jpg

DSC_7125.jpg

DSC_7083.jpg

Tom

just a quick one made. did the whippets become hard mouthed on rabbits after their first brush with the rats?

top result and look like you lot had a cracking time, i got asked off a farmer a few weeks back if my whippets would catch rats, never tried but said i would give the a go,

when down of the first day for and hour and they caught 62, second day only had 1/2 hour but another 25, and then on our 3rd outing they caught another 112, farmer was over the moon as i was for 2 novis whippets and a very novis ratter was my first time on the rats, talk about non stop action heres a couple of pics for you.

62 in one hour

DSC_6977-1.jpg

25 in 30mins

DSC_7114.jpg

112 rats in 1hour and 30mins

DSC_7238.jpg

and a couple of action shot

DSC_7122.jpg

DSC_7134.jpg

DSC_7125.jpg

DSC_7083.jpg

Tom

just a quick one made. did the whippets become hard mouthed on rabbits after their first brush with the rats?

p.s. well done with the whippets by the way :thumbs::thumbs: