Bresser Night Vision 5x50 'scope

• 5 months later...

Hi mate, I have one of these NV's and have been trying to set it up as you have done but am struggling to get it to work, could you help me by telling me how you set the correct eye relief to the scope and the adjustment of the front lense of the NV unit as its got me beat so far. Thanks Slim

Hi mate, I have one of these NV's and have been trying to set it up as you have done but am struggling to get it to work, could you help me by telling me how you set the correct eye relief to the scope and the adjustment of the front lense of the NV unit as its got me beat so far. Thanks Slim

Hi slim ,what do you mean exactly when you say eye relief to the scope ??

Hi slim ,what do you mean exactly when you say eye relief to the scope ??

Hi mate, the distance between the scope and the nv lens, even with a bit of tape between the scope and the nv to block outside light i cant get a picture, just a blur ive tried adjusting the front lens on the nv but no joy so far, the nv works brilliantly off the rifle so cant wait to get it sorted on the rifle as your setup looks really good.

You first need to get the NV focused at the eye piece . If you point it at the floor and adjust the eyepiece unit it has a sharp image of the specks on the tube , what i mean is it will focus on dust particles ( you`ll see if you try it ) . Once thats done , put some tape around it to ensure it wont move . Then you need to focus the objective out to about 50 - 75 yds , once again you can tape it .Put it onto your scope and it should work fine , and you use the adj obj to focus on your quarry , this is where a side wheel scope is better . Its probably harder to describe than to do , but stick with it , its a pain in the arse but you`ll work it out :thumbs:

Buster

Edited by Buster321c

You first need to get the NV focused at the eye piece . If you point it at the floor and adjust the eyepiece unit it has a sharp image of the specks on the tube , what i mean is it will focus on dust particles ( you`ll see if you try it ) . Once thats done , put some tape around it to ensure it wont move . Then you need to focus the objective out to about 50 - 75 yds , once again you can tape it .Put it onto your scope and it should work fine , and you use the adj obj to focus on your quarry , this is where a side wheel scope is better . Its probably harder to describe than to do , but stick with it , its a pain in the arse but you`ll work it out :thumbs:

Buster

Thanks mate,just been having a play and i think i need more arms, the wife's getting mad at me keep asking her to hold stuff while i tape it to the rifle and the light from the tv in the back ground isnt helping, even with a rifle in my hand there is no whay that im gonna ask her to switch it off, so i think i will try again tomorrow. thanks again i'll not let it beat me.

Buster

Thanks mate,just been having a play and i think i need more arms, the wife's getting mad at me keep asking her to hold stuff while i tape it to the rifle and the light from the tv in the back ground isnt helping, even with a rifle in my hand there is no whay that im gonna ask her to switch it off, so i think i will try again tomorrow. thanks again i'll not let it beat me.

If you get really stuck , let me know , we can talk it out on the phone :thumbs: