Best pellets for SMK XS79

Hello, PCplod!

Yeah, it can be a funny place this forum but most of the lads and lass's that contribute on here these days are good folks.

TR Robb does a fair bit of stuff for the SMK's, he's an odd bloke to deal with but his stuff seems to work well. I've not had any dealings with his SMK gear but have had a few bits and bobs for Crosman's before that have been good.

I use a King Ratty a bit and has been said, Co2 does lose power when it gets properly cold, so don't get too dishearted. For what it's worth, the best pellets I've found for the Ratty are H and N FTT's. Well made and hit hard.

Good luck, mate, with all that you need luck for.... :thumbs:

Cheers.

Hello, PCplod!

Yeah, it can be a funny place this forum but most of the lads and lass's that contribute on here these days are good folks.

TR Robb does a fair bit of stuff for the SMK's, he's an odd bloke to deal with but his stuff seems to work well. I've not had any dealings with his SMK gear but have had a few bits and bobs for Crosman's before that have been good.

I use a King Ratty a bit and has been said, Co2 does lose power when it gets properly cold, so don't get too dishearted. For what it's worth, the best pellets I've found for the Ratty are H and N FTT's. Well made and hit hard.

Good luck, mate, with all that you need luck for.... :thumbs:

Cheers.

Hi Andy,

Cheers for the words of encouragement mate ;) .

I used Bisley super field which were a bit unpredictable, with the gun supported every now and again a pellet would screw wildly off to one side :wallbash: , the pellets that didn't do this were bang on target. I thought maybe it was my shooting :icon_redface: , but the gun was supported and the cross hair was steady and I must have put about 50 pellets into the target to test my shooting in case it was down to me. My brother (a keen airgunner :gunsmilie: ), said it was down to the pellets, but I am told that Bisley super field are high a standard pellet, I will look at the H and N FTT's and maybe do some more online research :hmm: .

Edited by pcplod
  • 2 weeks later...