bolting rabbit

i have recently bought myself a bolting rabbit to steady my dog and train it to sit to the flush because there is not ground game at all around me . but i was wondering whats the best way to use it n train me dog to sit to flush , thanks.

never used one i take my pup ferriting ore use tame rabbit and make him sit when they bolt or move

Best to have a helper with this, out of sight of the dog set the rabbit up so that it will shoot across in front of you as you walk towards it, ie from left to right its best if the helper can hide in a hedge or something so the dog cant see them, keep the dog on the lead walking at heel, as you get within 10/15ft of it the helper should let the rabbit go, blow the stop whistle and make sure the dog sits, over time get closer and closer untill the rabbit is going right under the dogs nose, then start all over again with the dog at heel off lead. Dont over do it as the dog soon works out whats going on.

i have recently bought myself a bolting rabbit to steady my dog and train it to sit to the flush because there is not ground game at all around me . but i was wondering whats the best way to use it n train me dog to sit to flush , thanks.

Don't bother, go have a session in a rabbit pen. There is one for hire in Cumbria