wiil 410 kill duck

I think its more a case of should it rather than would it mate. A .410 will kill a duck at quite close range but to be honest unless you are creeping up and shooting them off a small drain it's not realy up to the job. Most ducks worthy off shooting would require somthing a bit larger to consitantly kill them.I know its nice to shoot with guns such as these but I think we owe it to our quarry to use the proper tools for the job...But this is only my opinion.

ATB

I think its more a case of should it rather than would it mate. A .410 will kill a duck at quite close range but to be honest unless you are creeping up and shooting them off a small drain it's not realy up to the job. Most ducks worthy off shooting would require somthing a bit larger to consitantly kill them.I know its nice to shoot with guns such as these but I think we owe it to our quarry to use the proper tools for the job...But this is only my opinion.

ATB

agreed also arnt you ment to use steel when wildfowling may be wrong but never heard of a 410 steel cartridge

They make .410 cartridges in Bismuth but i've never seen any in the flesh, must be like hens teeth to get hold of.

As said, the .410 will most certainly kill a duck with relative ease at the right distance, same as it will kill most anything else. But, if I had to choose a gun for ordinary duck shooting, knowing how damn hard they can be to outright kill, a 12 with the right non toxic load would be more suitable.

A 3" magnum cartridge in .410 will hit as hard as a 12 at the same ranges but with less shot .Underestimated if you ask me .

Err.... so in effect it doesn't hit as hard, but maybe as fast. Good tool no doubt though.

Each pellet might!

Not as many of them, though.

i'm not a fowling man so i'm probably wrong but i thought the non toxic shot thing was only if you was shooting on the foreshore or marshes and conservation areas, so surely if its flying over say a field the non toxic shot wouldn't apply as its where you are not what your shooting at, please correct me if i'm wrong though like i say i'm not a fowling man thats just the way i understood it

i'm not a fowling man so i'm probably wrong but i thought the non toxic shot thing was only if you was shooting on the foreshore or marshes and conservation areas, so surely if its flying over say a field the non toxic shot wouldn't apply as its where you are not what your shooting at, please correct me if i'm wrong though like i say i'm not a fowling man thats just the way i understood it

Unfortunately, you are wrong mate ;)

In England and Wales, you have to use Non toxic shot when you shoot Ducks and Geese regardless of where they are shot.