season

was wondering what your opinion is on fishing for cod is it better at night or during day also what is the best bait

atb bob

night fishing has got it's advanage over daytime! Or so most people think, The truth is it's about location " what rig and bait you use also tide, Some marks you want to fish may fish better on the turn of the tide or the flood and even the edd,( rigs; If their no snaggs a 2 hooked flapper is good rig to use, If their is snaggs I would use a pennel pulley rig, (Bait; peeler is the best bait becaues of it's juices but lug/squid wrap works just as gud, tide and location are the factor you must work out for your mark you wish to fish.

Good luck

was wondering what your opinion is on fishing for cod is it better at night or during day also what is the best bait

atb bob

night fishing has got it's advanage over daytime! Or so most people think, The truth is it's about location " what rig and bait you use also tide, Some marks you want to fish may fish better on the turn of the tide or the flood and even the edd,( rigs; If their no snaggs a 2 hooked flapper is good rig to use, If their is snaggs I would use a pennel pulley rig, (Bait; peeler is the best bait becaues of it's juices but lug/squid wrap works just as gud, tide and location are the factor you must work out for your mark you wish to fish.

Good luck

ta for that mate very usefull

right bob you could of asked me that when you were at my house earlier on tonight black lug tipped with squid mate or a full pealer crab get yourself over to beachcombers cafe and fish straight out from there using a flowing trace fish a decent tide with a bit of wind behind it the choppier the better as it brings the fish closer in and a decent gripper to hold bottom i always fish the tide two hours up to full tide and a good hour back if you go over there when the tide is low you will see the scars on which to fish mate

right bob you could of asked me that when you were at my house earlier on tonight black lug tipped with squid mate or a full pealer crab get yourself over to beachcombers cafe and fish straight out from there using a flowing trace fish a decent tide with a bit of wind behind it the choppier the better as it brings the fish closer in and a decent gripper to hold bottom i always fish the tide two hours up to full tide and a good hour back if you go over there when the tide is low you will see the scars on which to fish mate

lol you should come with us martyn