f.a.c air rifle

been thinking about getting an f.a.c for an air rifle,so people just a couple of questions..

1) what kind of fac levels are made from a springer? a gas ram? and a pcp?

2) which callibre would be best?

3) how difficult is it to get an f.a.c for a air rifle, iv got land and some people who can vouch for me being genuine.

thanks for the help

A.T.B

ian

been thinking about getting an f.a.c for an air rifle,so people just a couple of questions..

1) what kind of fac levels are made from a springer? a gas ram? and a pcp?

2) which callibre would be best?

3) how difficult is it to get an f.a.c for a air rifle, iv got land and some people who can vouch for me being genuine.

thanks for the help

A.T.B

ian

Right then i can only answer a few of those questions and taking that i dont have a fac dont rely on this but here we go

from a springer and gas ram rifle i think it would be hard pushed to get passed 30 ft-lbs without the rifle being totaly unhandle able. ive heard of pcps going up to 90 ft-lbs but i would advise one with a large air reserve.

at fac levels .25 calibre would probably be the best as 177 and 22 pellets would be pushing super sonic speeds and puts the accuracy to shit.

good luck getting your fac air rifle and most people are only going to say its not worth it and just to get a 22 rimfire and use low powered rounds

Richard

i would get a rifle but im not allowed lol (stupid parents) but im allowed an f.a.c air rifle if i pay for all the stuff with my own money,which seems fair enough. at the moment iv got a air rifle that isnt fac.

also the people who can vouch for me not being a plonker are my grandad,my uncle,my auntie's boyfreind (all do hunting) and also one of the farmers who watched before :) will that be enough??

thanks for the help you gave

A.T.B

ian

Richards right,

heep your air rifle to sub 12 ftlbs for an easier (and safer) life. then feel free to use it anywhere you want including inside buildings. No point in shooting pigeons in a shed if you gotta duck the pellet recoiling off a roof truss!

Get either a rim fire or, as I do, a shotgun for a bit more versatility.

To be honest though, its not worth the hassle. We have the police visiting ever few years to check up on gun cabinets, etc. I do 99% of my shooting with the air rifle and I only keep the FAC renewed as its a bit of a formality and the shotgun is handy to have in case anything is worrying the sheep. I could easily live without it. Its probably cost me more in fees/gun cabinets/entertaining plod than the guns are actually worth.

Edited by hughes_jh