Wanting to tag along

Has anyone got any permission in the carlisle, penrith, haltwhistle are that is willing to let me tag along for some ferreting, mooching or lamping?

Im just starting my 14 month old whippet but the permissions i have are either golf courses which aren't suitable for a dog just starting or land where the rabbits are few and far between and i want her to get her first catch soon before she gets bored of chasing rabbits she can't catch and jacks.

Thanks

Adam

Has anyone got any permission in the carlisle, penrith, haltwhistle are that is willing to let me tag along for some ferreting, mooching or lamping?

Im just starting my 14 month old whippet but the permissions i have are either golf courses which aren't suitable for a dog just starting or land where the rabbits are few and far between and i want her to get her first catch soon before she gets bored of chasing rabbits she can't catch and jacks.

Thanks

Adam

ever heard the saying practice makes perfect ? i cant imagine the dog jacking from missing a rabbit that nonsense ,get out with her more and more till you catch one atb.

Thanks

Adam

ever heard the saying practice makes perfect ? i cant imagine the dog jacking from missing a rabbit that nonsense ,get out with her more and more till you catch one atb.

This is getting confusing now! i have been told by quite a few people on another forum that she could start yapping when chasing and eventually jack if she doesn't get her first catch quite quickly when started on the lamp? I personally have never had this problem but my other dogs have always caught on the first or second night on the lamp. But like i have already said the lamd i used to start my lurchers now holds no rabbits.

It happens mate, if a pup gets difficult slips and gets frustrated it may knock its confidence, you want to find a squatter in the open, and get right up to it....theres any ammount of bunnies in your area, so if I were you id either get knocking on doors or simply jump the fence :whistling: good luck!

It happens mate, if a pup gets difficult slips and gets frustrated it may knock its confidence, you want to find a squatter in the open, and get right up to it....theres any ammount of bunnies in your area, so if I were you id either get knocking on doors or simply jump the fence :whistling: good luck!

I live about an hour from penrith and an hour and a half from haltwhistle but i know these areas hold a lot of rabbits (unlike west cumbria)so it will be worth the travel.

Thanks

Adam

do u drive

I do mate, yes

Get yourself to haltwhistle unlimited bunny bashing land there we always have a wonder see thousands and thats day time walking watch the farmer dont come when your at plenmeller hes a mad twat lets you on one minute shoots at you the next!

He sounds like a nice chap! will avoid plenmeller then. Is it a case of pick a field and it will be bouncing with rabbits ore are there particular areas which hold the rabbits?

Park at the factory car park,jump one fence and walk the footpath fields both sides,scare all the runners and pick one of the squatters there all mesh fences so it very simple,on average we take 40-50 just walking the mutts we see maybe 1500+ i dare say how many we realy see the whole site would google map the place,would take so pest controlling bet there 15000 bunnys there plus+