Whats the best and quickest way to heel wounds on a lurcher????????

my lurcher lamed itself last nite after clipping a large bit of rubble with its back leg whilst runing a bunny (which he caught:) [bANNED TEXT] he got back he was fine i noticed a little cut but it didnt seem to bother him,But when i went to walk him this morn he was in agony and the wound seems to of opened quite a bit more,looks like a trip to the vets, ive washed the wound with salty water and just layed him up to rest is there anything else i can do??????????

If its a small dry wound, super glue it, leaving a little gap at the bottom for it to weep, clean with antiseptic regular, if its big take it to vet, after 24 hours the flesh on the edges may have died and need trimming and stitching.

thanks for the tip mate, its about 3/4 of an inch long mate and about a qtr inch wide,ive been puting salty water on it but the dog seems to be cleaning it up quite well himself,ill see how it is in the morning and may pay my vet a visit

If its a small dry wound, super glue it, leaving a little gap at the bottom for it to weep, clean with antiseptic regular, if its big take it to vet, after 24 hours the flesh on the edges may have died and need trimming and stitching.

thanks for the tip mate, its about 3/4 of an inch long mate and about a qtr inch wide,ive been puting salty water on it but the dog seems to be cleaning it up quite well himself,ill see how it is in the morning and may pay my vet a visit

Only small try super glue.

my lurcher lamed itself last nite after clipping a large bit of rubble with its back leg whilst runing a bunny (which he caught:) [bANNED TEXT] he got back he was fine i noticed a little cut but it didnt seem to bother him,But when i went to walk him this morn he was in agony and the wound seems to of opened quite a bit more,looks like a trip to the vets, ive washed the wound with salty water and just layed him up to rest is there anything else i can do??????????

Use maggot oil.