Korthals Griffon

Hi all i have been thinking of getting a HPR,seeing as the breed of dog i was hoping for ( Redline Airedale) dosent look like its going to happen.So i was wondering if any members could offer any wisdom on the Korthals Griffon,1 of the reasons of thinking this breed is they will work close in.Im thinking of using 1 whilst out with the lurcher,as well as using it for what it was bred for, a hpr.Now i suppose im in for a flaming,so tin hats on.Thanks for looking.

paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all i have been thinking of getting a HPR,seeing as the breed of dog i was hoping for ( Redline Airedale) dosent look like its going to happen.So i was wondering if any members could offer any wisdom on the Korthals Griffon,1 of the reasons of thinking this breed is they will work close in.Im thinking of using 1 whilst out with the lurcher,as well as using it for what it was bred for, a hpr.Now i suppose im in for a flaming,so tin hats on.Thanks for looking.

paul

GOOD BOY IN SOUTH WALES HAS KORTHALS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I CAN GIVE YOU HIS NUMBER USES HIS WITH LURCHER ALSO HAWKS

I know a couple of people up Yorkshire way who have them, Ive been on the Moors with them a few times. Talking to them I dont think they are the easiest things to train, you say one of the reasons you want a Korthals is that they will work close in, any HPR will work in close, I expect mine to go 200+yrd either side of me on the Moors one day, then no more than 20/30yrds the next if Im in the woods.

I know a couple of people up Yorkshire way who have them, Ive been on the Moors with them a few times. Talking to them I dont think they are the easiest things to train, you say one of the reasons you want a Korthals is that they will work close in, any HPR will work in close, I expect mine to go 200+yrd either side of me on the Moors one day, then no more than 20/30yrds the next if Im in the woods.

Seconded!!

Seconded!!

many thanks for the replies lads,i didnt think i was going to get a response as i posted on 20th nov.

tarw,does good boy go by the name of phil,if so i have his details thanks.

GSPdave, i did originally think of a gwp untill i found the griffon was easier to train.and at present i dont have moors to cover so a 200 yard out dog is not appropriate.but thanks for your input

sherman,thanks for the pics,and confirming the ease of training.if you have any other useful info on the breed i would be grateful.

thanks again all

paul