selling trained lurchers

i was just wondering if anyone has done this,you can easy buy a gun dog fully trained or even part trained to bring on so why doesnt anyone sell lurchers ready to go,i know you couldnt sell it as "will take all legal quarry"but would people be prepared to buy young dog with all the basic commands,broken to stock works with ferrets and is up and running on the lamp retrieving live to hand, or do you think by the time the dog has got to this stage,the age of it might not appeal.personally i dont think it is at all viable

then there is the price of rearing and training said dog and the amount of time you would have to put in or is it that we all know best when it comes down to our own dog and that this game is easy to get into, i mean, iv seen a lot of point lamp and run types over the years but lets be honest there is a lot more to it as every one with a good dog will know,

what would be your thoughts,i can see the add now,lurchers for sale £3000 each lol

i was just wondering if anyone has done this,you can easy buy a gun dog fully trained or even part trained to bring on so why doesnt anyone sell lurchers ready to go,i know you couldnt sell it as "will take all legal quarry"but would people be prepared to buy young dog with all the basic commands,broken to stock works with ferrets and is up and running on the lamp retrieving live to hand, or do you think by the time the dog has got to this stage,the age of it might not appeal.personally i dont think it is at all viable

then there is the price of rearing and training said dog and the amount of time you would have to put in or is it that we all know best when it comes down to our own dog and that this game is easy to get into, i mean, iv seen a lot of point lamp and run types over the years but lets be honest there is a lot more to it as every one with a good dog will know,

what would be your thoughts,i can see the add now,lurchers for sale £3000 each lol

I am surprised to hear that this is not done regularly. And I am glad. One of the things that I like about lurchers is that they are a "do it yourself" project, and that the guy down the street has just as much chance of turning out a real gem as the guy with big cash.

I understand that match coursing does produce some sort of "pro lurcher men" (and women) on your side of the pond. Is this true or am I completely off base?

Great hunting y'all

i was asking my mate the simaliar question the other day,if i bought puppies trianed them all the basics got them going on the lamp,then sold them what would you get called a dog peddler.or a good man.

not sure on that one mate either way i suppose you cant win in some people eyes,have to admit though never heard a gun dog trainer called a dog peddler