1999 TD5 disco (non runner)

[bANNED TEXT] guys i have a 1999 V reg disco for sale no TAX or MOT as its been in a garage for so long. not long spent £1000 on engine (with receipts) and £500 on suspension, i bought it last year for £2300 and it had done 166k,

now the garage is telling me that the main ECU is fcuked..

like i said its a non runner and will not start,

selling as i have had a guts full of it plus got a baby on the way....

what you guys think its worth,

cheers guys....

Hi there mate you are only up the road from me.

Are you aware of the common fault on the TD5 engine where the oil from the engine travels back up the wiring harness and damages the injector ecu. Its been a while since i had dealings with this but a quick look back through my stuff should give me the answers.

If you want to get it running let me know and i am sure we can sort something out.

[bANNED TEXT] guys i have a 1999 V reg disco for sale no TAX or MOT as its been in a garage for so long. not long spent £1000 on engine (with receipts) and £500 on suspension, i bought it last year for £2300 and it had done 166k,

now the garage is telling me that the main ECU is fcuked..

like i said its a non runner and will not start,

selling as i have had a guts full of it plus got a baby on the way....

what you guys think its worth,

cheers guys....

Have a look on www.discovery2.co.uk

& see if replacing the injector loom harness clears the fault £40 odd quid for parts, had prob myself, this sorted it !

You have also suffered then with this comon problem! It was the only reason i stayed with the 300tdi really liked the look and the extra bits and the one i drove for a day had been chipped as was a rocket compared to my 300.

Like i say if you wanna get it going i will give yiu a hand i am only in Oakdale and i dont want any money off you. Even if you still going to sell at least you will get a lot more for it