dogo argentinox

yh good high protein diet plenty of road work gets the fitness up for both us and the dogs lol ..

if the dogo is what u want bud then go a head and get what u want

all the best with one i no a few people with crosses if you get stuck

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tbh [bANNED TEXT] he swears by them he loves them tbh lol there are all or nothing dogs but cant finish the game as quick as a bull x grey imo . they are a beautiful looking cross tho and do go big my mates one he bred his self n the sire was a dogo (26tts) and dam was a grey (29tts)dog is 14 months old and is 29 tts already so they do go big ... excellent deer dogs (pre ban)

i dont think the aluant can be compared with a dogo imo thats one dog i dont rate but everybody to there own just my opinion

tbh [bANNED TEXT] he swears by them he loves them tbh lol there are all or nothing dogs but cant finish the game as quick as a bull x grey imo . they are a beautiful looking cross tho and do go big my mates one he bred his self n the sire was a dogo (26tts) and dam was a grey (29tts)dog is 14 months old and is 29 tts already so they do go big ... excellent deer dogs (pre ban)

i dont think the aluant can be compared with a dogo imo thats one dog i dont rate but everybody to there own just my opinion

thiink the dogo has about 12 breeds in its make up staff.apbt.english bt.english bulldog.pointer.dalmation.pyranean mountain dog the list goes on i cant say whats the best as ive not seen any of them in action how can you rate them have you seen both

yes [bANNED TEXT] i have saw both .. theres a lot of alaunt crosses around [bANNED TEXT] never ever dont anything for me .. the dogo is much more of a hunter then one of those alaunts imo..

but im a bull man all the way

what line is the dogo out of? you do seem to write a dog off by breed you lot.

I'd love to try a doggo x , iv had a ridge back x and he was ok a bit heavy for me but he worked really well can't fault him.....

But iv got a 25" bull x bitch coming in season in dec but I don't no what stud to use ...she is not a big dog by any means but she works well.just wouldn't mind to try throw

a bit more size to them pups ..

Had a litter befor and used a sal/bull/grey and they turned out just like her which I liked .but this time want to throw more bully type

thiink the dogo has about 12 breeds in its make up staff.apbt.english bt.english bulldog.pointer.dalmation.pyranean mountain dog the list goes on i cant say whats the best as ive not seen any of them in action how can you rate them have you seen both

they have got irish wolfhound in them and they wer bred to be pack hunters so dont see why they it wouldnt make a good cross

I'd love to try a doggo x , iv had a ridge back x and he was ok a bit heavy for me but he worked really well can't fault him.....

But iv got a 25" bull x bitch coming in season in dec but I don't no what stud to use ...she is not a big dog by any means but she works well.just wouldn't mind to try throw

a bit more size to them pups ..

Had a litter befor and used a sal/bull/grey and they turned out just like her which I liked .but this time want to throw more bully type

correct me if im wrong, but am i righ in saying that the size of pups generally comes from the size of the bitch?

obviosly every one has there own opinions and ive had some very good bullxs but ive had enough of the same thing i would like to try it just to see wat sort of dog you would get

from what i have seen you will get a good dog as long as the dogo is a goodun,my friends dogos are very level headed dogs and good with the family,you would probably get a better dog because they are bred to run in a pack.

A cross ive always liked the idea of is the mali x or even a rodesian (but again whos got tested rodesians?

i have a working am bulldog he is exceptional at all bigger stuff. pre ban of course. jumps gates, runs beam straight in, no fighting. No man agression either unless commanded to. came out of imported hog hammer sperm. it shows in the field, top pet for family too.

always fancied a dogo tho!

what line is the dogo out of? you do seem to write a dog off by breed you lot.

unsure of the blood tbh with you but the dog it is out of is called blanca and is just across the channel. works them hogs fantastic but in the same kinda boat as us over there if you know what i mean .. it isnt my dog to put pics up but i will have a word and see if he will let me put his stuff on

iv been told the pups will generally throw 70 % to mother and 30% to the dad so i think you would have to keep a couple back to see what you get

found all this if any body interested

General Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Argentinean Mastiff, Argentine Dogo) The Dogo Argentino is an elegantly bodied, muscular breed of mastiff. They have a wide, deep chest that gives an overall appearance of power. They have loose, protective skin around their neck and well-developed teeth that meet in a scissors bite. The head of the Dogo Argentino is convex in the front, and has a moderate stop and a muzzle that is approximately the same length as the skull. Ears of this breed are usually docked. Their nose is black and their eyes are dark in color. They have a long tail that reaches to the hock. The coat of the Dogo Argentino is short, glossy, and thick, and the coat color is always white.

Character

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dogo Argentino is an outstanding guardian that is easy to train. They are loyal to their family, cheerful, and highly intelligent. They are very affectionate towards people they know, and they are very patient and good with children. This breed does best with a firm, consistent owner that will give plenty of love and attention. The adult Dogo Argentino will sometimes respond aggressively to other dogs, but they are usually not the one to initiate the confrontation. This breed generally isn’t suitable for first-time dog owners. Like all other dog breeds, temperament will vary from one specimen to the next. If trained and socialized from an early age, the Dogo Argentino will get along well with other pets.

Size

24 – 27 inches

Weight

80 – 100 pounds

General Health

There are no recorded health-related issues or concerns for the Dogo Argentino. This breed typically lives for 10 to 12 years.

This breed has a history of being susceptible to deafness. When researching breeders make sure they produce records that show their dogs and femals are all in good health and not prone to deafness. A deaf dog makes for an irritable dog that won't do as well with children and novice owners.

History

The Dogo Argentino was developed in the 1920’s by Dr. Antonio Nores Martinez. Dr. Martinez’s overall goal was to develop a pack-hunting and guardian breed that was also a loving family companion. In order to achieve this goal, Dr. Martinez started with a breed of mastiff called the Dog of Cordoba. Although this breed is now extinct, it served as the foundation for the Dogo Argentino. In addition to the Dog of Cordoba, there were a number of other breeds that contributed to the Dogo Argentino. Such breeds include the Great Dane, the Spanish Mastiff, the Bulldog, the Bull Terrier, the Boxer, the Great Pyrenees, the Pointer, the Dogue de Bordeaux, and the Irish Wolfhound. The Dogo Argentino has a history of dog-fighting, and has received a blow to its reputation as a result. Britain has national legislation for the purpose of controlling dogs in public, and the Dogo Argentino is one of three dog breeds that are completely banned. While the Dogo Argentino may not be the choice for everyone, they make wonderful companions with proper training and socialization. People that train these dogs to fight have given them a bad name. The breed has a number of natural talents including competitive obedience, military and police work, narcotics detection, hunting, tracking, guarding, watching, and schutzhund.

The Dogo Argentino was first introduced into the United States in 1970 by Dr. Raul Zeballos. Dr. Zeballos was given a dogo by Dr. Antonio Nores Martinez in 1950, and Dr. Zeballos has been breeding the dogo true to Dr. Martinez standards ever since that time.

Maintenance

The short-haired, single coat of the Dogo Argentino needs very little grooming or upkeep. Naturally, this breed’s coat does not posses any odor. The Dogo Argentino’s nails grow very quickly, so it’s important for owners to clip them frequently. The Dogo Argentino is an average shedder.

Ideal Environment

The Dogo Argentino is content to live in a small household or apartment if it is given plenty of daily exercise. They are happiest with at least an average-sized yard, and they need a substantial amount of daily physical activity. This breed is sensitive to cold climates, so they shouldn’t be kept outside in below-freezing weather.

Edited by roadrunner