Just curious if there is an easy way to zero in my scope at home..... Ive got a permission but I can't be arsed to drive out.

This got me thinking.... If i zero in at 10 yards is there a formula / calculation that will enable me to either zero in at a certain distance from the bull that will have the desired pellet drop to make an accurate 30 yard shot ?

Maybe i'm just being lazy ? 8)

Just curious if there is an easy way to zero in my scope at home..... Ive got a permission but I can't be arsed to drive out.

This got me thinking.... If i zero in at 10 yards is there a formula / calculation that will enable me to either zero in at a certain distance from the bull that will have the desired pellet drop to make an accurate 30 yard shot ?

Maybe i'm just being lazy ? 8)

Hey Mate,

You're not being lazy.... just efficient!

I find zeroing only takes 5-10 minutes.

This is my process;

put a target (just a piece of card with a bold "+" drawn on it) and a safe backstop 10m away from you. shoot a pellet in it which will usually be a good few inches off centre. Play around with scope dials until your pellet is fairly accurate in the centre.

Move the target out to 30m (setting your gun to zero at 30m is ideal as it allows you to shoot from 25m to 35m without too much fuss) and shoot a pellet. again play with adjustments until you're about right on centre.

Finally, get yourself comfortable and stabilised, shoot 3 pellets in sequence. From this group you can fine tune settings and get pretty close to zero. The whole process can easily be done in 20-30 pellets

I wouldn't bother zeroing your gun at 10yards and estimating impact points at 30 yards. You hardly ever get a shot at 10 yards in reality! Much better to zero at 30 yards which is perfect hunting range.

Hi,

What I do with a new scope is, turn your cross hair adjusters in one direction until you come to the stop, then turn them back the other way counting the clicks until you come to the stop again, then turn them back agian until you reach half way counting the clicks, IE if the clicks from end to end is 300 then turn it back 150 clicks, and you should be in the middle, thus your cross hairs should be parallel with the barrel.

You shouldn't be far off now, just minor adjustment.

Bob.

search google for Chairgun... input details of your combo and it will tell you your primary and secondary zero ranges.

Also if you have a pcp, you can zero with one shot at this shorter range, clamp the rifle so it cannot move then take one shot at a blank target, then set the scope to the hole you just made.

Always check that this zero is correct once you get to a place where you can shoot at your full range...

Thanks for the replies gents. I know how to zero my scopes normally but perhaps i didn't explain the question to well. I'll try again........ If my scope is zero'd in on the bull at 10 yards and i'm putting pellets through pellet holes how many centimeters off the bull would I have to be for the pellet to hit bullseye at thirty yards ? e.g. where on the target do I have to hit at 10 yards to be on the bull at 30)

This is far too complicated to explain !!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

I'll get off my arse and measure out 30 yards.

Thanks,

Belly.