Levi Oakes info

Thanks for the info lads. It seems some old border breeders put a bit of lakeland in to improve their dogs just like the old russell breeders put in a bit of bull in their dogs. Hope Chimp finds the article on Levi in EDRD should be a good read. Also look forward to Mark P telling us his experiences of Levi, its obvious his dogs have the right stuff. a.t.b. Burrowman.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bitch called Gipsy, that came direct from Levi. She looked like a border fell to me. I ended up giving her to a friend because she was mute.

Before she went we bred her to a good border male and got some exellent pups that are still working well. They will find anywhere and stay till dug.

I asked Levi about the breeding, but he never put it in writing. He told me the grandmother was Rosie (J.Park) and the father was a dog called Digger (border x J. Cowan bitch). Anyone know anything about these dogs ? PM if you like

Where are all the experts ? I will try and post some pics that Levi sent me of these dogs if someone can explain me how

I just want to find out what these dogs were like since some of you seem to know a fair bit about them.

the info I had from Levi is what was written on the back of the pictures that he sent me

Edited by Ben Dover
Where are all the experts ? I will try and post some pics that Levi sent me of these dogs if someone can explain me how

I just want to find out what these dogs were like since some of you seem to know a fair bit about them.

the info I had from Levi is what was written on the back of the pictures that he sent me

post some pics then ibred rosie out of jimmy x sally i got off sally from jp

I got these pics from Levi himself. On the back it says John Park-red fell bitch Gipsy's grandmother (Rosie)

this next one says border dog in bloodline and the one after that says Digger 2 pups coming from this dog and a border bitch Gipsy's father Border dog x John Cowan bitch and the 3rd one doesn't say anything but if I remember it right,

it's supposed to be the grandfather to my bitch or something (it's been a while since I spoke to Levi R.I.P)

post-41959-1256841316.jpg

post-41959-1256841330_thumb.jpg

post-41959-1256841386.jpg

Do any of these terriers ring a bell ? and if so what were they like ?

I'll try and find the letter that he sent with those pictures

that bitch is out of jake and rosie i gave levi 2 bitches i know he called one of them gypsy did you have the other bitch as well
No, just this one. do you know any of the other dogs on the pics ?

What was the correct breeding on them if the father wasn't Digger ?

the father was jake he was out of jims rocky and bracken all border from rw the mother was rosie out of jimmy x sally makes her 3/4 border 1/4 lakeland i think the litter sister went to jims brother in law that gypsy bitch was born about may 1999. sure that digger dog was owned by a lad in kent i never know him jim prob remember
I got these pics from Levi himself. On the back it says John Park-red fell bitch Gipsy's grandmother (Rosie)

this next one says border dog in bloodline and the one after that says Digger 2 pups coming from this dog and a border bitch Gipsy's father Border dog x John Cowan bitch and the 3rd one doesn't say anything but if I remember it right,

it's supposed to be the grandfather to my bitch or something (it's been a while since I spoke to Levi R.I.P)

I have the the same pic as the dog standing on the dyke it says Max owned by FC on the back ?

Colm

I have the the same pic as the dog standing on the dyke it says Max owned by FC on the back ?

Colm

Edited by winjim