aggressive male h/h

frogflyer

Hi all, will try to make the story short for you all,

had a fantastic female h/h and used to fly and hunt her in engalnd superb, moved to france and started to earn money from her by flying to public, once again superb, she landed on electric pylons in our field once too many times and the fatefull day came and she died.

thought long and hard about another one and being too early in the year for a parent reared and also had the brain wave to imprint one so it would follow at low level rather than try to go up to the pylon, once again superb,

got a male at 5 weeks old manned and trained flew to very small kids and adults no probelms, all of a sudden he has got very aggresive with food and with anyone near it,

he is allways fed on the fist and never anywhere else, i know the common mistakes people make as have had my own falconry bussiness back in england.

i have never tried to take food or touch food while he is with it, i do not make eye contact with him while he is eating,

have tried now for about 2 weeks to crop him up with 6 yolked chicks per day on the fist and he is still aggressive with me even on the last one when he can hardly get it down his fat little chest.

before food and after food he is stupidly silly while talking constantly and i dont mean screaming, you can touch him even on the back of his head or behind him and it does not bother him at all he is bomb proof, apart from when he has got food, cant understand what triggered it or how to stop him,

have had two ideas hunt him this winter and get him following on, and then put him down for moult and seclude him and try to retrain next year.

any thoughts or ideas are most welocme but please remember i am a falconer not a begginner.

http://www.the-ancient-presbytery.com/

many thanks