SCOTLAND HAS TO MANY DEER

Yeah but what you have all failed to mention was that the Glenfeshie slaughter, 100's if not 1000's of perfectly healthy Red Deer were all just dumped in a f*****g hole in the ground, Nothing was used (eaten)

f*****g barbaric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no:

Edited by Sako.243

Yeah but what you have all failed to mention was that the Glenfeshie slaughter, 100's if not 1000's of perfectly healthy Red Deer were all just dumped in a f*****g hole in the ground, Nothing was used (eaten)

f*****g barbaric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no:

That's interesting! I was pretty certain the deer culled at Glenfeshie were processed through the Forestry Commission larder at Inshriach ('bout 10 miles from the Feshie landing site).

There has been a lot of hype about the Glenfeshie cull and most of it is inaccurate :thumbdown: .

never mind opening up the hill to all or releasing lynx or wolves.

That operation was a well executed bit of essential pest control, wiping out a non-native species, just before it was too late. Good on them I say:victory:

In Scotland, or at least, the Highlands, in many areas, the plant-life has been decimated to a massive extent by the huge numbers of deer, and its plain to see their numbers are far too high. Where I lived in invernesshire we were restricted to the ammount we could take off the hill per outing as it was so rugged, although we used ponies and boats to bring the carcasses back, we could never kill more than 2 big stags, or 4 hinds/calves per day ( though we did fit more onto the ponies a few times when the walk back was not too long or steep).

We sometimes need to put asside our own sporting preferances and do whats right for the ecology of the land.

That's interesting! I was pretty certain the deer culled at Glenfeshie were processed through the Forestry Commission larder at Inshriach ('bout 10 miles from the Feshie landing site).

There has been a lot of hype about the Glenfeshie cull and most of it is inaccurate :thumbdown: .

That was through someone in the S.G.A, There were a few pictures released that showed Stags, Hinds and calfs on the end of a slew digger bucket being dumped in grain trailers and tipped in holes.

Also the cull at Mar Lodge where they were extracting the shot deer with helicopters in the hight of the tourist season flying them over Braemar village for all to see!!

Now dont get me wrong i am a very keen stalker and a REALIST and DO believe everything has to be controlled but just in a more humane way, And the Red Deer of Scotland need treated with a wee bit more respect.