Vehicle charging/lamping

Hello all i am interested to know if any of you know or have any lamps or adapters for your lamps that fit you 4x4's?

I have got a clulite cb2 with a headphone type jack that fits into the battery, have seen a fitting on the clulite website that i might be able to fit to the dash of my land rover but an not sure if it is right for the job.

http://www.cluson.co.uk/productsMain.aspx?CI_ID=222

was interested to see if you have any other types of lamp that are easy to use from the vehicle and has anybody used them remote control jobbies like on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REMOTE-CONTROL-LAMP-...id=p3286.c0.m14

Does anybody know of a permenent fitted lamp that can be controled from inside the vehicle roof mount type?

open to ideas and products you have seen cheers Tony :gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

That looks like you would be adding a complete extra circuit to me. From the picture In the link It looks like you put It In the fuse box and run the power from there? Why not get a bullet to jack and run It from the cig lighter? I made up a similar loom for my lamp just with the proper connectors - Non of thses crappy cigar or jack plugs :D

For 130 quid I wouldn't bother :o I just get a mate to hang out the window lamping whenever we go In the car but suppose It Isn't always practical.

That looks like you would be adding a complete extra circuit to me. From the picture In the link It looks like you put It In the fuse box and run the power from there? Why not get a bullet to jack and run It from the cig lighter? I made up a similar loom for my lamp just with the proper connectors - Non of thses crappy cigar or jack plugs :D

For 130 quid I wouldn't bother :o I just get a mate to hang out the window lamping whenever we go In the car but suppose It Isn't always practical.

Regarding the 6mm plug socket idea. I have a series 3 land rover and the drivers end of the dash is flat with lots of room behind i was thinking of running a feed from the battery to a new standard fuse box like on a series 3 they are 5 cartridge fuse type, then i can spur off from the fuse box to individual feed connectors. 1x 6mm clulite plug as on the link, 2x cigar lighter type (one on the end of the dash and one in the middle of the dash for charging the clulite battery pack) I should have said that i dont have a cigar type at the mo as the land rover is ex-mod so i will have to run a feed in from something anyway. this would also leave me with room to expand if the need should arise.

I thought of fitting a plug type in the dash end as the driver lamps and drives when we go out.

the idea being that i wouldnt have to adapt the lamp plug and there is only one connection that could come unplugged/ no wires hangind around the gearstick to get snagged!!

my mates 90 has the cigar lighter in the middle and we plug the car charger into the battery but the charger does not charge enough to power the battery and the lamp!!!. it also tends to get snagged or pull the plug out as you are pulling the cord across yourself to shine out of the window!

my other thought was to just buy another cheaper lamp for the cigar lighter and have the clulite for when we go on foot but i think it would be cheaper and more user friendly if i modded the vehicle in this way what do you think?

good feed back keep firing back cheers tony!!!

I don't know about the landys as i don't use one but adding another few slots for circuits I a good idea. Like you say then you could just run a hardwire and even have the femal jack socket up coming form the head liner If you don't want It cluttering up the gear knob etc. or even just loop It though to have one drivers side and one passenger.

Just make up a longer loom If It keeps coming out. I've got a few meter flex on mine and I've never had that problem. As for the connections coming loose, Get ya self some of these, &w=100&sz=5&hl=en&start=15&um=1&tbnid=VultgGmjgy3Q5M:&tbnh=66&tbnw=82&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dduraplug%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rlz%3D1R1DVFC_en-GB___GB344%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1'>http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...sa%3DN%26um%3D1 I use them on all my lamps and have never had one pull loose.

I don't know about the landys as i don't use one but adding another few slots for circuits I a good idea. Like you say then you could just run a hardwire and even have the femal jack socket up coming form the head liner If you don't want It cluttering up the gear knob etc. or even just loop It though to have one drivers side and one passenger.

Just make up a longer loom If It keeps coming out. I've got a few meter flex on mine and I've never had that problem. As for the connections coming loose, Get ya self some of these, &w=100&sz=5&hl=en&start=15&um=1&tbnid=VultgGmjgy3Q5M:&tbnh=66&tbnw=82&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dduraplug%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rlz%3D1R1DVFC_en-GB___GB344%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1'>http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...sa%3DN%26um%3D1 I use them on all my lamps and have never had one pull loose.

Them plugs look nice and robust !!!!!! think i will draw up some ideas work out the pro's and con's

thanks for your input Tony