hi all,last year i bought my wife a laptop and the other day she went to plug the charger in and the connection pushed into the laptop,so i rang a few pc repair companys and they all wanted at least £100,so after id pick myself off the floor i looked for the receipt and found it and i actually bought it on the 11th of nov 08,so it should still be under warranty,my wife phoned currys and they said she would have to phone toshiba,which she did and they said that they would send someone to collect it and then they would look at it and if the connector has gone in a bit then were covered and theyl fix it for free, if its gone in to far then were not covered as they say its been forced and if thats the case then they will either repair it with our say so and charge us or return it still broke and charge us £35 for looking at it,so the wife agreed for them to collect it,when i got home the wife told me...this is absolute bollox,i pay £500 for a laptop which i dont expect to break after 10mth,theres no issue about forcing the connector,its a fecking plug its supposed to be used frequently,nobody has forced it,to me its a fault,i can see whats gonna happen,toshiba are gonna take it away,then say its been forced (who are we to fecking argue) and charge us top whack,its a fecking con,whats pissin me off is that currys wont do shit they just tell you to ring toshiba,... if i bought a chicken from tesco and it was rotten id take it back to tesco not to the farm it was reared on,any ideas folks :wallbash:

Edited by craigyboy

Dont worry its not a con toshibas are well know for the power connector being pushed in , its guarenteed and pc world/currys have to fix it . is it the L300D-13S because pc world have had problems with a load of them .if they do try and charge you tell them not to fix it and take it to trading standards but you shouldnt have a problem .

hi all,last year i bought my wife a laptop and the other day she went to plug the charger in and the connection pushed into the laptop,so i rang a few pc repair companys and they all wanted at least £100,so after id pick myself off the floor i looked for the receipt and found it and i actually bought it on the 11th of nov 08,so it should still be under warranty,my wife phoned currys and they said she would have to phone toshiba,which she did and they said that they would send someone to collect it and then they would look at it and if the connector has gone in a bit then were covered and theyl fix it for free, if its gone in to far then were not covered as they say its been forced and if thats the case then they will either repair it with our say so and charge us or return it still broke and charge us £35 for looking at it,so the wife agreed for them to collect it,when i got home the wife told me...this is absolute bollox,i pay £500 for a laptop which i dont expect to break after 10mth,theres no issue about forcing the connector,its a fecking plug its supposed to be used frequently,nobody has forced it,to me its a fault,i can see whats gonna happen,toshiba are gonna take it away,then say its been forced (who are we to fecking argue) and charge us top whack,its a fecking con,whats pissin me off is that currys wont do shit they just tell you to ring toshiba,... if i bought a chicken from tesco and it was rotten id take it back to tesco not to the farm it was reared on,any ideas folks :wallbash:

Hi mate Under trading standards law any item you buy must do the job intended.If not your are intitled to a replacement or refund.I would phone them and quote this to them Saying you have spoken to trading standards.They are trying to take the piss mate.atb. Catcher :victory: