small marks on my s400

i have an S400 and i got it wet and by the time i got home there was small rust looking spots on the barrel not much but i can see them. had air guns 25 years and this is prob the worst gun i have owned never had it before been out with my HW 80 from 7 am til 8 pm and in the rain and its 12 years old now and still like new

my S400 only had 4 hours in it and this is what happens.

some people have said that the blue on the airarms is not that good and to tell you now i belive them im going to the midlands tomo with it to see if this can be sorted out or does any one on here on of how i can do it with out having the whole gun re done

It's the same on mine mate. The slightest spec of water or blood on and It rusts. It's a hunting rifle for me so I'm not too fussed how It looks but you do expect the blueing to last longer than It does, Especially on a rifle costing as much as the S400.

It's the same on mine mate. The slightest spec of water or blood on and It rusts. It's a hunting rifle for me so I'm not too fussed how It looks but you do expect the blueing to last longer than It does, Especially on a rifle costing as much as the S400.

yes its the bloody rain in wrexham that does it are you going tomo midlands i mean

should rub off fella with a bit of autosol and then a good wipe with wd40 ;)

yes mate done that no rust on it now but the blue has come off there is about 12 spots on it god i look after my guns to if it was new i would have taken it back its not good lots of people with the airarms have the same

i wouls like to no if it can be bhue with out a sr=trip down

Aye :clapper: If you want the gun to last a lifetime I suppose the stripdown and reblue will be worth It In the longrun. Even If It Is a PITA not having the gun for a while.

I wasn't going to till my mate said he was going. Once he's done his morning feed we'll be off. 17 quid entrance fee Is daylight robbery then they want your cash when you get In too :censored: Robbing b*****ds!!

The guy on x lanes has stopped doing the cylinders too. Emigrating apparently to do the same down under. I eventualy got a 300 bar bottle and had to take It to a guy on the ind est. He seems a sound guy though.

Edited by maty j
Aye :clapper: If you want the gun to last a lifetime I suppose the stripdown and reblue will be worth It In the longrun. Even If It Is a PITA not having the gun for a while.

I wasn't going to till my mate said he was going. Once he's done his morning feed we'll be off. 17 quid entrance fee Is daylight robbery then they want your cash when you get In too :censored: Robbing b*****ds!!

The guy on x lanes has stopped doing the cylinders too. Emigrating apparently to do the same down under. I eventualy got a 300 bar bottle and had to take It to a guy on the ind est. He seems a sound guy though.

yes seen the for sale sign yesterday when i passeed were on the indust estate is the new place need mine filling in the next week or so and the test is ue in jan to .

i no that its :censored: rip off tomo but well its a day out with out the f :censored: misses

i no that its :censored: rip off tomo but well its a day out with out the f :censored: misses

True :clapper:

It's not far from Demon tweeks, up past the old duracell factory way. It's an engineering place that does them as a bit of extra work. I'll get you the number If you need It?? He's got a shit load of cylinders there or did when I took mine so get It booked In and then you won't have to wait the week like I did.

True :clapper:

It's not far from Demon tweeks, up past the old duracell factory way. It's an engineering place that does them as a bit of extra work. I'll get you the number If you need It?? He's got a shit load of cylinders there or did when I took mine so get It booked In and then you won't have to wait the week like I did.

nice one will look monday i worked ont here for 5 years should no it only had 3 mixi this year but does not seam to be many rabbits about there is more on the road by the brun school

if you can get the number be god ta

I'm still working on there now so It's handy for It to be so close to me. I've been out a few nights last week with my new rifle taking a couple on the local fields and there doesn't seem to be many about at all. There's a few by brun school, you just gotta watch the gyppos :whistling: The was a litter of old cubs running on grassy lane and I went up one night before the fields were dropped for a squeek. We had one that wouldn't come close enough for a good shot. Apparently they have all be shot now :wallbash: I'll be back up there squeaking one night see If anythings left!

Check ya PM's :victory:

thats odd, i took my s400 out in the rain for about 3 hours. i dried it down and removed the stock to give it a good wipe over with a rag and some bisley gun oil and i havent a speck on it.

well its happened to mine mate been to weston park today and the airarms stall said its not water its some thing eles but i no its not had air guns near 30 years now and the first time ever.

got some blue today off bisley so try it this week

i kook after my guns like any good hunts man so want be getting one of them again been looking at the daystate today