WHAT AIR RIFLES ARE YOU USING

Guest The Shaman

I've always used .22 - not that they are any better just seems to happen that way. I've had springers and pneumatics back on a springer now (Webley Longbow) whatever your happy with mate :D

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Just what some one said they use a 177 at night due to judging distances, and more acurrate and flatter (trajectory).

This just gets weirder, Ziggy. As I replied to your PM; Yes, .177 gives a flatter trajectory. We sacrifice this, with .22, but make up there with the greater shocking power. But, as I also said: If we confine ourselves to head shots - as we should - then either ammount of lead piercing a small brain is going to do quite sufficient damage to effect a clean kill.

Hmm. Thinking about it, I may have just cracked it: Might it be that your informant is indeed a bit of a crack shot? There for, he'd want to take full advantage of using a weapon to match his own skills. Flat, accurate .177 could put that slug exactly where he aims it. Why be deadly accurate if the slug might detract? I wonder if that's his reasoning?

As for judging distances? Again, I guess knowing the path will be true sort of does away with all this stuff about visualising the expected arc at any given point along its path. So once again returning us to the point that he knows where he's aiming and just wants a gun that'll put the lead there, not argue the toss with him.

Might be fun if you can run all this past your mate and see how close we've come? :)