MY NEW HARRIS HAWK

collie daft

WELL IVE JUST GOT A FEMALE HARRIS HAWK SHE IS JUST OVER 2 IVE BE LEAD TO BELIEVE, SHE FLYS A 2.1 SHE IS GREAT IN THE FIELDS MANNED TO ME GREAT, IM WELL HAPPY WITH HER...IM ASK FOR SOME INFO ON THE RING ON THE BIRD WILL THAT TELL ME HOW OLD SHE IS ETC..OR IS THEIR A SITE I CANT TYPE THE NUMBERS IN TO FIND OUT ?

a ibr ring will have ibr on it plus phone and id number. a breeders will have the breeders name on it and hatch year IE (1smith08) if it hasn't got a ibr ring go on the ibr website and register it they will send a split ring it will cum in handy if u lose it

I think its very sad for the Falconry World when individuals like you obtain a Harris Hawk.

If you cant read or decipher the basis details on a ring, then how on earth do you hope to successfully fly a harris at quarry.

It beggars belief.

If you posted this same message on the IFF you,d be slated !!

Get yourself a mentor for the birds sake, PLEASE !!

I think its very sad for the Falconry World when individuals like you obtain a Harris Hawk.

If you cant read or decipher the basis details on a ring, then how on earth do you hope to successfully fly a harris at quarry.

It beggars belief.

If you posted this same message on the IFF you,d be slated !!

Get yourself a mentor for the birds sake, PLEASE !!

Thats a bit harsh Scooby

granted he could do with a mentor but just because he did not know about the rings doesnt mean he wont be able to care for and fly the bird.

I find the Falconry World a little sad in the way that it closes ranks very quickly on new comers

Maybe you should be speaking with the falconer that sold him the bird.

collie if you want any help or advise then PM me and I will try and answer any questions you may have

cityhunter cheers [bANNED TEXT] i no fuk all about the rings but i ve manned this bird mint to me i killed my first hare with her to do and everyone sayin im doing a great job, ill put some pics up [bANNED TEXT] i find out to do it me pal always does it for me haha, every time i take her out im learnin more about hawks in my eye and how me bird works, but i ve had loads of rabbit now with her and pheasant... im lovin it :tongue2:

cityhunter cheers [bANNED TEXT] i no fuk all about the rings but i ve manned this bird mint to me i killed my first hare with her to do and everyone sayin im doing a great job, ill put some pics up [bANNED TEXT] i find out to do it me pal always does it for me haha, every time i take her out im learnin more about hawks in my eye and how me bird works, but i ve had loads of rabbit now with her and pheasant... im lovin it :tongue2:

If you contact ibr mate they will probably tell you age and any ways you will need to re register it anyway mucker get the number off the blue ring or go here and have a look what you have to do quite straight forward

http://www.independentbirdregister.co.uk I am only a newbie as well and only learnt by second hand valuable knowledge do you have a local mentor or friend with hawks mucker? Also iff have lots of people who can help there not all cold prickleys also falconry questions.co.uk mate hope this helps atb with your bird.