air rifle buy advice

As you are 14 you would have to be with a adult, what are you after a spring, pcp or co2. A spring gun will last years, a pcp will have to refilled with air and a co2 will need new co2 bulbs. For spring guns look at the bsa lightning or supersport, any of the weirauch range as they are good, air arms tx, heavy though like weirauchs. For co2 crossman ratcatcher or rabbitstopper, smk xs79 or pcp bsa ultra, theoben rapid range, air arms series. Try to hold the gun before you but it as the weight of it will affect how much you enjoy shooting

For a new shooter and a young lad id try a Weihrauch HW 95K. They are not as heavy as most of the HW series but are deadly accurate and full power and will last a life time with no problems.

Thats if you want to hunt friend. My 8 year old did shoot my 95k when he was with me before i sold it.

He also used my old BSA Lightning XL and handled that ok. XL's can be problem guns though and are no where near as smooth as the HW series.

Zini

Guest Scuba1

triggers on most Gamo rifles are not all that good. If you know what you are doing its a problem that is easy to solve but given your age, I would advise against them. Other then that, they are nice rifles for the money.

ATB

Michael

triggers on most Gamo rifles are not all that good. If you know what you are doing its a problem that is easy to solve but given your age, I would advise against them. Other then that, they are nice rifles for the money.

ATB

Michael

Hey Michael,

That was the problem I had with the gun. The other issue was that unless you firmly pressed the barrel back into position after each reload, it was really unpredictable on accuracy. Don't get me wrong, it was a great gun for shooting pigeons 20 yards away. but I wouldn't dare shoot a rabbit at 35 yards.

a good all round and cheap scope would be a JSR 3-9x40. if youre prepaired to spend over £30 then hawke are a good brand too. ok here we go: bipods do NOT work well with spring rifles. if you are planning to shoot from the bipod all the time then its fine but if you zero your rifle with a bipod and then you take, say, a kneeling shot the recoil will react completely differently and therefore meaning your rifel will not be accurate and will go off in some other direction.