salukixwhippet

well just was wondering what do ya think of this cross salukixwhippet,would they be any good for lamping rabbits and bushing working with ferrets etc,if ya bought one as a pup,want to get a pup and bring him up just to do that bushing,ferreting and mostly lamping can anyone tell me the best cross for this thanks,and if anyone has a picture of this cross salukixwhippet can ye put some pictures up thanks :D:thumbs:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suppose there wouldnt be anything wrong with dis cross for ferreting or lampnig!!

my mate has one but its 1/2 grey 1/4 whip 1/4 saluki and its grand for lamping and bushing never went out ferreting with it!!!

i have a 1/2 grey 1/4 collie 1/4 whip and she does the job in ferreting lamping and bushing

so id say it wouldn be a bad bread!be nothing wrong with it!!

can some one show me this cross,and what do ya think would be the best cross for rabbit s on the lamp thanks people :D:thumbs:

A don't think you could go far wrong with a good old collie x grey possibly a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie, very clever and easy to train dogs with a could turn of foot

can some one show me this cross,and what do ya think would be the best cross for rabbit s on the lamp thanks people :D:thumbs:

A don't think you could go far wrong with a good old collie x grey possibly a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie, very clever and easy to train dogs with a could turn of foot

Best dog i saw on the lamp for rabbits was 3/4 collie 1/4 whippet ...work all night everynight and as it got older and couldn't lamp like it used to worked with ferrets

would of love to see that dog working,but i am looking at salukixwhippet now pups that i am thinking about getting for the rabbits hope they would be good cause no one is selling collie crosses these days :blink:

Best dog i saw on the lamp for rabbits was 3/4 collie 1/4 whippet ...work all night everynight and as it got older and couldn't lamp like it used to worked with ferrets

would of love to see that dog working,but i am looking at salukixwhippet now pups that i am thinking about getting for the rabbits hope they would be good cause no one is selling collie crosses these days :blink:

Takes time to find the right dog for your needs personally a would say most saluki hybreds are bred for running hares, my advice would be to take your time and have a look around for a good collie x bescuse they make really good wee rabbiting dogs

Takes time to find the right dog for your needs personally a would say most saluki hybreds are bred for running hares, my advice would be to take your time and have a look around for a good collie x bescuse they make really good wee rabbiting dogs

yeah i think your right mate,but collie crosses are hard got over here no one seems to have them.but one of my mates bred his dogs saluki whippets and bring s back the rabbits live to hand on the lamp.he reckons the pups will be good for rabbits and that,so was kind of asking me to post to see if anyone else had this breed :) so he can see some pictures.but i am looking out for a good little rabbiting dog,is collie the best breed for the rabbits :thumbs:

i personally wouldn't go for a collie x simply not my type of dog, their too brainy, i good man told me ye don't want a dog that while out on the lamp sits back and works out can he catch that rabbit near the hedge, ye want a dog with fire in its belly, ready to try anything just pure instinct and loyalaty can't go wrong with

if its just rabbits your after a lil beddy x whippet would be grand or grey x whippet is faster, as mentioned above the saluki types are for hares

feel free to pm to go into more detail, all the very best lurcher lass xxx