Top tips for a night ratting

anything thats smelly and can be liquidized, herring works well, if you can pre bait, do so, are there any areas that have a normal light left on all night?, as baiting in these areas, the rats will already be used to the light, no lamp/filter is then needed in those areas

make sure you have comfortable shooting areas to sit, bales of hay/straw etc, as if its cold/hard/crampted, you prone to fidget/move more, making niose

make sure you have comfortable shooting areas to sit, bales of hay/straw etc, as if its cold/hard/crampted, you prone to fidget/move more, making niose

Funny you should mention that, I decided to change my MO of wandering along hedges looking for rabbits and to set up about 35m from a warren I know of. I lay there prone between 9.30 and 10.30 the other night.

The warren was between 11 and 1 o'clock, the wind was coming from 2 o'clock.

I and the rifle were camo'd up.

I didn't twitch, fart and shuffle about.

The little so and sos never showed so much as a whisker.

So I decided to move on and tried to stand up. I'd 'forgotten' that I have 3 knackered disks in my spine. It took me 5 minutes to get back on my feet!

No more of that nonsense.

I'll find another method of setting up an ambush from the middle of a field :blink: