My Hawks

hawkanddog

Yes your right 2 females and a male. The middle one is the male, I have only just aquired him.

The 2 females I fly as a cast and hope to introduce him in to fly along with them. Then hopefully pair off and breed next year.

The 2 females are a formidible team, cock pheasants being the speciality of the pair. Mind they have been known to take the odd silky bantam in the farm yard.

They fly at 2-3 going up to 2-4 and 2-5 going to 2-7, the bigger female being a sonara. :)

Yes your right 2 females and a male. The middle one is the male, I have only just aquired him.

The 2 females I fly as a cast and hope to introduce him in to fly along with them. Then hopefully pair off and breed next year.

The 2 females are a formidible team, cock pheasants being the speciality of the pair. Mind they have been known to take the odd silky bantam in the farm yard.

They fly at 2-3 going up to 2-4 and 2-5 going to 2-7, the bigger female being a sonara. :)

Very nice mate! thats a nice size Harris 2.7, the one's I produce here won't make no where near that! I have seen some large birds like your's and look pretty impresive, a Guy Called Craig Thomas breeds some around that stamp.

I have a breeding pair for sale soon, the youngsters have been taken away and they at it again like Rabbits :whistle:.

I will be asking your advice on the breeding side at the back end of the flying season if thats ok.

I travelled down to the Midlands for the bigger female. :good:

The only thing with her, is she is arsey when she is at the top weight during the summer. Come to pick her up she is like a flying banshee, till the weight drops and I get her going.

This bird did something I would never dream possible, she took a duck on the water in the middle of a gravel pit.

She was sat half submerged on this mallard, I didnt know what to do, but I decided that I wasnt going to die trying to save her.

I was busy tieing a stick to a creance line I had in my bag, when she flapped as though she was flying in the water and swam to shore towing the duck.

I was amazed, I new Harris's are good, but this, well, I wouldnt believe it if someone said, yeah my hawk caught a duck on the water and swam ashore with it. Honest this is true.

Loads of other thing I could write about, but probably bore you all :)

This bird did something I would never dream possible, she took a duck on the water in the middle of a gravel pit.

She was sat half submerged on this mallard, I didnt know what to do, but I decided that I wasnt going to die trying to save her.

I was busy tieing a stick to a creance line I had in my bag, when she flapped as though she was flying in the water and swam to shore towing the duck.

I was amazed, I new Harris's are good, but this, well, I wouldnt believe it if someone said, yeah my hawk caught a duck on the water and swam ashore with it. Honest this is true.

Great stuff........... :good:

I will be asking your advice on the breeding side at the back end of the flying season if thats ok.

I travelled down to the Midlands for the bigger female. :good:

The only thing with her, is she is arsey when she is at the top weight during the summer. Come to pick her up she is like a flying banshee, till the weight drops and I get her going.

No probs mate, if I can give you my two penneth worth I will.

I think they're vastly under rated the poor old Harris's, some people move onto Gos's and find there kill ratio goes down compared to the style they used flying a Harris out of trees, its the pace I like with the Gos not so much how much head I take with one but more the edrenelin rush, there is a guy down here who flys a Harris who for the last few years has caught more head than me each season and I have no doubt he will repeat it this season.

Write a few more things mate you won't bore me thats for sure, it would be good if other people did the same and liven it up a bit, I love to read about people Hawking adventures.

Cheers

Tony

Guest carra

Managed to add the photos this time :11:

Very nice mate! Good tidy birds that look in fine fettle, credit to you.......

they dont look in fine fettle to me , look close and see what ime refering to :( ......

Guest carra

they dont look in fine fettle to me , look close and see what ime refering to :( ......

If you have something to say, SAY IT, I am a great believer in taking fair critisim, WHATS YOUR POINT?

my mistake i must need to goto speck savers lol if you look at the bird on the right of that pic it looks like its needing it beak copeing but i never thought about clicking on the pic to try and zoom in lol its the leg of the garden chair :icon_redface: .....