Guest Ditch_Shitter

Great news! In your neck of the woods the Raven has had a traditional toe hold retained on the Isle of Wight. They've also been staging something of a come back in Sussex. I don't know about Hampshire (?) But good to hear they're getting into Wiltshire now too :good: Reminds me of the Buzzard.

Magnificent birds. Here, in Ireland, I just consider it a nice treat to hear that distinctive, almost bored sounding " Kronk " and look uo to see that 'pointed' tail pattern.

To see a pair of Hoodies mobbing a Raven in flight Really underlines it all. The Hoodies look like aggressive Collared Doves by comparison! :laugh:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Apprently they pair for life and can live for up to 40 years.

Reminds me; I read a great poem about Ravens, one time. I remember how it mentioned that they always nested atop this great tree. The trunk of which was worn quite smooth and festooned with bent and rusty nails. Old men smiled as they watched young boys, peering up at the nest, planning ..... and remembered their own youth :D

What cracking birds! we don't seem to get them around this way which is a shame, I heard from a guy who had trained one and he mentioned it was the most Inteigent bird he ever clapped eyes on, aparantly it would lay infront of the fire in the living room and also remove all the pegs from the Linen line dropping the washing on the ground :laugh:, is there anyone who know people who captive breed these birds?

Cheers

Tony