goose shooting

hi fish i use 3.5" auto's . when shooting on foreshore's i use remington hi speed steel[bB] or gamebore mammoth [bB]. if i am shooting inland at scotland i use mainly 3" cartridges 50gr 3's to BB's .and alway's have some 3.5" lead usually 2's and 0's [63gr]. but whatever you use it's about hitting them right i do try.

hi fish i use 3.5" auto's . when shooting on foreshore's i use remington hi speed steel[bB] or gamebore mammoth [bB]. if i am shooting inland at scotland i use mainly 3" cartridges 50gr 3's to BB's .and alway's have some 3.5" lead usually 2's and 0's [63gr]. but whatever you use it's about hitting them right i do try.

hi moonflight,thanks for advice,will be shooting inland in scotland on holiday so will take your advice,cheers,mark

Hi i have a 3" chamberd gun but genrally use 2".3/4" (70mm) in 36g-42g from 3-2-1-BB. I also work some 3" (76mm) 50g 3's & BB's for inland stuff. I have never had any probs woth the 2"3/4" carts in 36g-42g 3's or 2's for in land stubles & work a half choke with lead stuff.

Hi i have a 3" chamberd gun but genrally use 2".3/4" (70mm) in 36g-42g from 3-2-1-BB. I also work some 3" (76mm) 50g 3's & BB's for inland stuff. I have never had any probs woth the 2"3/4" carts in 36g-42g 3's or 2's for in land stubles & work a half choke with lead stuff.

i agree nothing wrong with 2"3/4 42 gram no3 for inland geese. out of interest where are you going shooting? if you go at start of season when the birds are not wary of coming into decoys then use 2"3/4 but if you go round xmas time when the bird might not be as commiting as they would be at start of season then you might want somthing with abit more range 3"or 3.5". stick to 3or4s for better patterns and leave any lead bbs at home. good for the steel as pellet size is whats needed but wouldnt put lead bbs in my car. but i would work with 1/4choke for better patterns.just my opinion

mark ;)

i agree nothing wrong with 2"3/4 42 gram no3 for inland geese. out of interest where are you going shooting? if you go at start of season when the birds are not wary of coming into decoys then use 2"3/4 but if you go round xmas time when the bird might not be as commiting as they would be at start of season then you might want somthing with abit more range 3"or 3.5". stick to 3or4s for better patterns and leave any lead bbs at home. good for the steel as pellet size is whats needed but wouldnt put lead bbs in my car. but i would work with 1/4choke for better patterns.just my opinion

mark ;)

'LEAVE BB'S IN THE CAR' I DISAGREE I FIND YOU GET A NICE DENSE PATTERN WITH MORE STOPPING POWER. I ALSO USE A 1/4 CHOKE WHEN USING LARGE SHOT FOUND IT PATTENED MORE EVENLY BUT WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN WAY OF GETTING THE JOB DONE. ATB..

mark ;)

'LEAVE BB'S IN THE CAR' I DISAGREE I FIND YOU GET A NICE DENSE PATTERN WITH MORE STOPPING POWER. I ALSO USE A 1/4 CHOKE WHEN USING LARGE SHOT FOUND IT PATTENED MORE EVENLY BUT WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN WAY OF GETTING THE JOB DONE. ATB..

THAT ITHICA TEN IS A DAMM GOOD GUN

mark ;)

PLEASED YOU LIKE IT MARK. :thumbs:

mark ;)

not sure about some of the reloads tho. ill take my chance with them. are you up for start of season?

mark ;)

not sure about some of the reloads tho. ill take my chance with them. are you up for start of season?

YES ITS ALWAY'S MY FIRST OUTING MARK.

mark ;)

YES ITS ALWAY'S MY FIRST OUTING MARK.

might well bump into you at siily o clock trying to get a gutter to hide in. aw the best.