Sparrowhawks

Guest billy boy

Guest billy boy

Dear Tony,

I saw a female Sparrowhawk take a Green Wood Pecker on one occassion in a small conifer plantation some years back now. The Spar saw me , made a dash and went away leaving Wood Pecker to live another day! Have you seen such sitations?

Good Luck.

Billy boy.......

Dear Tony,

I saw a female Sparrowhawk take a Green Wood Pecker on one occassion in a small conifer plantation some years back now. The Spar saw me , made a dash and went away leaving Wood Pecker to live another day! Have you seen such situations

Good Luck.

Billy boy.......

Guest billy boy

Dear Ricky ,

I totally agree with you about the Wood Pigeon situation.I've seen the females catch them in the wild, but after being disturbed they would leave the kill and return at another date. I've located plucking posts and the different species killed has been amazing.....

Many Thanks.

Billy boy.......

Dear Tony,

I saw a female Sparrowhawk take a Green Wood Pecker on one occassion in a small conifer plantation some years back now. The Spar saw me , made a dash and went away leaving Wood Pecker to live another day! Have you seen such sitations?

Good Luck.

Billy boy.......

Hello Billy Boy

I have come across greenwoodpeckers remains around a spars plucking post but never seen one taken, I have seen what you mentioned in the next post about spars leaving pigeon kills! we walked over to a Conifer plantation Decoying and got one up out of a ditch only to find a fresh Pigeon just killed, they're tough little birds them bloody spars when you consider what a handfull a woody must be to them.

I once saw a Musket take a Tit in a flash from the tops of some silver birch trees, it happend close to a nest I used to watch as a lad, the Musket never missed a wing beat and powered through the clearing of the wood and went up nearley verticle to the canapy and plucked a Blue tit without a stall in his wing beat, I had to pinch myself to prove what I had just seen, it was all split second stuff.

Cheers

Tony

Guest billy boy

Dear Tony,

Just got back from a friends house, he's an old boy, a Pigeon fancier but understands about birds of prey.At this time in a morning of course I'm really tired. I do apologise.To me you seem to have alot of knowledge regarding the bird of prey subjects. That is good for sure!

The Musket of mine once flew a Great Tit and caught him also; a friend of mine and Stephen also saw the flight and said it was perhaps one of the best flights they had ever seen. Also my Musket caught a male Redstart and a Stonechat on passage at that time of the year......

I know about these birds with the protection that they have from such bodies like like the R.S.P.B. but how can anyone stop a Hawk or Falcon from killing something when they are released? Tony, did I read something about you having a Gos killed by one of your Terriers?I have 3 Russells for myself. Do you like the dogs Tony?

My best regards.

Billy boy. David.........

Dear Tony,

Just got back from a friends house, he's an old boy, a Pigeon fancier but understands about birds of prey.At this time in a morning of course I'm really tired. I do apologise.To me you seem to have alot of knowledge regarding the bird of prey subjects. That is good for sure!

The Musket of mine once flew a Great Tit and caught him also; a friend of mine and Stephen also saw the flight and said it was perhaps one of the best flights they had ever seen. Also my Musket caught a male Redstart and a Stonechat on passage at that time of the year......

I know about these birds with the protection that they have from such bodies like like the R.S.P.B. but how can anyone stop a Hawk or Falcon from killing something when they are released? Tony, did I read something about you having a Gos killed by one of your Terriers?I have 3 Russells for myself. Do you like the dogs Tony?

My best regards.

Billy boy. David.........

Hello Billy Boy

I love the Dogs but certainly did'nt at the time, having my Gos killed by them left me bitter for a while and at the time felt like disposeing of the dogs but at the end of the day I realise its not there fault, thats what they do! it was Human error when the missus left the door open and it happend, but it won't be repeated.

I take it you're on a few Falconry Forums Billy Boy? I mentioned the Gos being killed on a couple but was so distraught about it my enthusiasm hit rock bottom, its time for me to turn another page now and look forward to this year :good:.

Cheers

Tony

hi guys

iv never been out Working with birds but have always admired them and would love to see them work so iv booked "meet the birds day" at pheonix falconry in perthshire to get a better understanding of how to work with the birds.

if any of you guys are still workin birds perhaps you would be so kind as to show a newcomer the ropes ?

:whistle:

many thanks

Ricky