car crash deer

how do folks,

Driving home yesterday afternoon and came across a a distraught women with bent fromt car and a very much alive roe doe sat in the road. checked if teh driver ok, yes no probs, but she was worried about the deer and whether it would survive etc. I am guessing that although it was alive and looked reasnobly bright the fact that it was still lying in the road would suggest it was pretty knackered. Anyway she had phoned teh police who had phoned a local farmer to come and deal with said animal. Had I been phoned (bit on your ticket about humane dispatch, does that automatically make you called if near your home) or had gun with me, what is the correct / best method / calibre etc for humane dispatch

In my area you would need to contact your local police i think and put yourself down as being available for humane dispatch for road accidents, you also need to fill in a form with your insurance if your with BASC to be covered to do it for the police - it dosnt cost any more tho.

think most 12 guage shot would be suitable for a close head shot, but larger shot sizes can riccochet so a good back stop would be essential.

Edited by doyoufeel_lucky@hotmail.co