Steve Albano's Trapline Products

This is sort of a plug and thank you for his mole trap design.

I was called to a house where a mole was digging under paving slabs and pushing the soil / bedding material up between the gaps.

His route into the site appeared to be under a shed which was on blocks 2-3" off the ground so I couldn't get to him any other way than by working beneath the slabs.

On lifting a slab, I found that they were bedded in to a mixture of gravel and soil BUT THE REAL BITCH was that the bedding mix was laid on bricks. The little sucker was crawling in this 2" layer! A really good example of tunneling though and 2" tunnels were everywhere, no tops as the slab formed the 'roof'.

Talpex no good, half barrel the same and scissor traps didn't even make it out of the boot.

A couple of Steve's traps did the job though as I was able to set them directly in the tunnels and lay the slab back down with minimal disturbance. Result, next day, young mole. :clapper:

So, this is the forth time I've had to use his traps in difficult situations where normal English traps couldn't be used.

Wonder why a British manufacturer can't come up with something as versatile? :hmm:

Edited by camies

Camies, thanks for the positive feedback here. I appreciate it. Looks like you got the strengths and weaknesses of my trap figured out pretty well. As you said in another post, they're not very effective in sand. I agree with that, the moles tend to dig around or under our traps in that situation. They're very effective in most soil conditions, and do particularly well in wet, muddy, clay type soils, conditions which can present a challenge for some other traps. And yes, the fact that they're so small and slide inside the mole run means you can set them in tunnels below solid obstacles where most other traps are of no use. Again, thanks for the kind words about the trap we make.

Fidgety, all too happy to provide that information to you! You can learn more about our traps and purchase traps at www.traplineproducts.com. Shipping rates to Europe are fairly reasonable as the traps are very small and light, and those rates are posted on the store page on my website. Thanks.

Steve

Camies, thanks for the positive feedback here. I appreciate it. Looks like you got the strengths and weaknesses of my trap figured out pretty well. As you said in another post, they're not very effective in sand. I agree with that, the moles tend to dig around or under our traps in that situation. They're very effective in most soil conditions, and do particularly well in wet, muddy, clay type soils, conditions which can present a challenge for some other traps. And yes, the fact that they're so small and slide inside the mole run means you can set them in tunnels below solid obstacles where most other traps are of no use. Again, thanks for the kind words about the trap we make.

Fidgety, all too happy to provide that information to you! You can learn more about our traps and purchase traps at www.traplineproducts.com. Shipping rates to Europe are fairly reasonable as the traps are very small and light, and those rates are posted on the store page on my website. Thanks.

Steve

Hi Steve.

Thanks, glad to be of service (10% discount off next order would be appreciated) :whistling:

Cheers