lights

what is everyone using for a light when out at nite.

Be a bit more specific mate ;) Do you mean what kind of lamp for lamping rabbits ? or just something like a torch for seeing where your going ? :thumbs:

`m not sure what lamping or torch means. i`m trying to figure out how you guys use your lights and what kind of lights you use for certian things. i hope this makes sense. i see that there`s a few lightforce lites for sale in the classifieds, so i quess i`m wondering if that kind of lights that is most common. also what kind of range are you looking to get from your lights.

Torch is the English name for a handheld, portable light.

Lamping is slang for hunting at night with a gun or dog and using a handheld Light to iluminate your quarry.

I bought a Cluson Clulite with a scope mount and car mount for £80. I use it mainly for lamping with the dog but also fit it to the airgun if out in a vehicle. (it's quite bulky for airgun hunting). it runs off a 12v 7A/h sealed lead acid battery and the manufacturer reckons its good for a 500yd beam. Through a scope this is fine but with the naked eye it just doesn't have a tight enough beam to see that far so only 200yds at the most.

From what I've seen on telly and on clips off the internet your fields in the US are MUCH larger than ours so this light would be useless for you!

The lightforce range seems to be popular over here but apparently the wiring is cr*p.

What do you use over there?

bullmastiff, thank you for you reply. yes, everyone over here says the same thing about the lightforce. there`s a new light that hitting the market in aug. it been field test with a colored lens cap to light up eyes on the low beam stting at 500 yrds and much farther on high beam. it throws a super tight beam and has a burn time of 4 hrs on high & 20 hrs on the low setting. so far most everyone that`s tested it is switching from their lightforce to this new lite. some of the features are that it`s cordless and weighs under 6 ounces. here`s a few pics. do you think there would be a market for this light over there ?

http://www.kcshounds.com/predator_lights.php