jill with ticks................

Guest ferreting king

get nail varnish and put it on the tick and that suffocated it and within about an hour the tick is forced to pull his head out of the skin to breathe and then it falls off, but keep her seperate if i can for about 2 hours for the tick to fall off and then she will be right

Guest chilli
cheers all just used frontline :good: . chilli just changed the bedding but dont use hay/strew this time of yr just use wood shavings :good:

Was only saying bout the bedding because i changed to hay once an it was riddled with ticks :angry: , ive used saw dust / wood shavings and shreeded paper ever since . were do you think you got the ticks from ?

cheers all just used frontline :good: . chilli just changed the bedding but dont use hay/strew this time of yr just use wood shavings :good:

Was only saying bout the bedding because i changed to hay once an it was riddled with ticks :angry: , ive used saw dust / wood shavings and shreeded paper ever since . were do you think you got the ticks from ?

chilli i only found 1 tick dont know where it come from :no:

Guest chilli

Id buy some duramitex an clean your hutch out with it , Get a spray gun mix it in that an spray it in all the crevices on the hutch give it a real good going over then let it dry .

There are normaly pasted from other animals or were they crawl up on plants waiting for a lift , Theyve little heat sensitvie pits on there head they use to find there next victim .

Guest MOLLY
get nail varnish and put it on the tick and that suffocated it and within about an hour the tick is forced to pull his head out of the skin to breathe and then it falls off, but keep her seperate if i can for about 2 hours for the tick to fall off and then she will be right

Not a good idea FK...thats old news as is putting vaseline over their breathing hole. They do not breath out of anywhere else. I think current research shows they actually spew into their host when this happens, causing more problems and possibly Limes disease (can be fatal to both man & dog)...dont know about ferrets?

Either spray with frontline or remove the whole tick including jaw.....quite easy if you get a good grip.

MOLL.