Out last night on an armed recon, Walked around a biggish wood never saw anything then just as it was getting dark decided to look in the far field.

On arrival the light now going quick i crawled through the hedge carefully and gently stood up. there to my left about 150m were the shapes of 2 deer.

Looking through my Lecia bins i immediatly thought wow,(now when i think wow that is usually a good sign). It was a massive buck with a young doe.

I crept up the hedge another 35m and put the cross hairs on him. *rolleyes* No he was to good for me :(:angry: and with a regular client from north wales up for the day tommorow what a good start this would make.

So now yet still later i took a short film before i realised it was too dark. Then stalked back out leaving him and his good lady unawares.

If you draw the curtains and turn off the lights you can just about make out his size.

th_bigbuck1.jpg

Anyways the story continues, we waited two hours for him to show from first light in the wind and drizzle not even to see an ear this morning.

We will be back tonight for round 2. After trying another estate this afternoon for a spot of calling. I will update this post later...... :wacko:

Edited by john robbo

Out last night on an armed recon, Walked around a biggish wood never saw anything then just as it was getting dark decided to look in the far field.

On arrival the light now going quick i crawled through the hedge carefully and gently stood up. there to my left about 150m were the shapes of 2 deer.

Looking through my Lecia bins i immediatly thought wow,(now when i think wow that is usually a good sign). It was a massive buck with a young doe.

I crept up the hedge another 35m and put the cross hairs on him. *rolleyes* No he was to good for me :(:angry: and with a regular client from north wales up for the day tommorow what a good start this would make.

So now yet still later i took a short film before i realised it was too dark. Then stalked back out leaving him and his good lady unawares.

If you draw the curtains and turn off the lights you can just about make out his size.

th_bigbuck1.jpg

Anyways the story continues, we waited two hours for him to show from first light in the wind and drizzle not even to see an ear this morning.

We will be back tonight for round 2. After trying another estate this afternoon for a spot of calling. I will update this post later...... :wacko:

You guest already he never showed!!!!!!!