N.W.T.F. OPEN SHOW & CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS SHOW - 23rd August

Was there on Sunday and have to say i thought it was a great event to have 64 champions al in the main arena of a game fair was something very special, the result is a matter of opinion but whoever judged is going to recieve critisism and the end of the day out of the 64 only 1 person is going to be happy!!! I would just like to share my opinion that the coloured terrier campion pup was an awsome dog (and im a russle man) it was also great to see the young who showed him doing a great job a presenting the dog in front of the judge.Its lads like these who are the future of the countryside..........

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an observation, but from someone who’s been at the front line longer than he’d choose…. if people were as willing and put as much effort into promoting terrier work and attacking its opponents instead of each other, then there’d be a lot less work for others to do. JMHO.

Gonetoearth, DonnyC (you ‘auld bugger) & Terrier2…. thanks for your kind words :) . It was fun (as all terrier shows SHOULD be), albeit a bit hectic on the day. But the real credit must go to all those who turned up to support the show, without them it would have been a failure :signthankspin: .

Muddyboots… no offence intended, but there are 2 groups which I despise and who thrive on gathering whatever information they can…. “Antis†and “Dog Thievesâ€.

Over the years I’ve had more dealings with both than most, and I’d hate to do anything which might help either of them in any way, shape or form. So wherever possible I try to avoid publishing people’s names, but I have amended the original captions to include those of the dogs. I hope you’ll understand and bear with me :) .

Once again, a BIG thank you to everyone involved :signthankspin: .

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Barrie, no offence taken! but you should have read my request correctly, I only asked for names of the winning '' DOGS'' and not of any persons names, owners or otherwise!. However I do understand your caution in such matters as a person who has keep, worked and showed lurchers and terriers over 50 years. Muddy. :)

Well Done Son you showed your pup well, and wun the champion pup. Dad's prowed of you lot of nice pup's there you done well todd . :clapper:

And also a young MAN of impeccable manners.... a credit to both you and to himself :good:

Just an observation, but from someone who’s been at the front line longer than he’d choose…. if people were as willing and put as much effort into promoting terrier work and attacking its opponents instead of each other, then there’d be a lot less work for others to do. JMHO.

Gonetoearth, DonnyC (you ‘auld bugger) & Terrier2…. thanks for your kind words :) . It was fun (as all terrier shows SHOULD be), albeit a bit hectic on the day. But the real credit must go to all those who turned up to support the show, without them it would have been a failure :signthankspin: .

Muddyboots… no offence intended, but there are 2 groups which I despise and who thrive on gathering whatever information they can…. “Antis†and “Dog Thievesâ€.

Over the years I’ve had more dealings with both than most, and I’d hate to do anything which might help either of them in any way, shape or form. So wherever possible I try to avoid publishing people’s names, but I have amended the original captions to include those of the dogs. I hope you’ll understand and bear with me :) .

Once again, a BIG thank you to everyone involved :signthankspin: .

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Barrie, no offence taken! but you should have read my request correctly, I only asked for names of the winning '' DOGS'' and not of any persons names, owners or otherwise!. However I do understand your caution in such matters as a person who has keep, worked and showed lurchers and terriers over 50 years. Muddy. :)

Thanks Muddy and my apologies :). My few remaining grey cells were still moving a bit slow after Sunday, you're a star :thumbs:

Edited by Barrie
Tupac one of the nicest stamps of terriers i have seen

He certainly looks the part, what breedings behind him.

LL.

Out of a Dog called Fudge and a Bitch named Biscuit :-Both Stobbard bred. Muddy.

Just out of interest.... Tupac also won the 2008 Open Show where he would have been in competition against most of the Championship qualifiers for that year too, but under a different set of judges. It's nice to see such consistency :) .

• 1 month later...