Frustrated

Guest Nigel

Hi All,

I'm getting frustrated with my 5 month Patt pup. When I got my pup at 8 weeks, I started on the basics ie. house training and except for a few accidents everything went swimmingly and in no time he was house trained. He's never peed in the house when left for anytime or even overnight. Just recently though he's started holding himself in, if I take him to work with me he won't do anything all day but as soon as we arrive home he pees the minute he walks in the door, I put him straight out in the garden but then he won't it, just messing, crawling around on his belly and dribbling, also if he has been left home for any length of time (never more than 4 hours) you let him in the garden but still won't do anything, but if you fuss him he will pee wherever he is. Last night he'd been in and out the house all night (hot weather, doors open) and I'd seen him pee on at least 2 occasions but then when I called him for a fuss he let go on the carpet, I'm getting frustrated now. I've had 3 other terriers in the past and never had this problem. We also have an ESS who is exceptionaly well trained and so far she has been a good influence on him. Sorry for the long winded post but any ideas will be more than welcome before the other half decides he's gotta go.

EDIT: I just read a thread on hear regarding strong smelling urine. My pup also has strong smelling urine, could it be down to a kidney infection thats causing these problems.?

Edited by Nigel