Vermin Shooting

As a complete novice I find myself wondering about the bit after the bunnies and pigeons have been shot. Where do you gut the rabbits? What to do with the guts? What do you do with pigeons?

Any help gratefully taken on board.

As a complete novice I find myself wondering about the bit after the bunnies and pigeons have been shot. Where do you gut the rabbits? What to do with the guts? What do you do with pigeons?

Clean on site and feed the wildlife (fox, badger, corvids, other birds etc) with what you/your friends/your gamedealer/your pets don't want! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Thanks

I was a bit worried about it - my first permission is a fruit/veg/pick your own farm. I can't imagine them being pleased if I left a mound of guts behind. Will it go overnight or do I just need to make sure they are tucked in a hedgerow?

Don't leave guts visible to anyone.

They attract other vermin so either bury them or bag them and sling them in a suitable place that it will feed other wildlife BUT so that they will never be found by humans.

If your place is keepered and the keeper is any good... the chance of the guts been "gone" over night by vermin or been eating by a carnivore is nil because the animals that would eat them will not be there anyways.

People hate to see guts and mess, and it portrays a bad impression for fieldsports so be considerate in what you do with them.

use the rule " The place looks as if I have never been there at all" and you will be OK.

Pigeons.

Don't do nothing apart from selling them as they die.

Game dealers take them they "kinda" cover the cartridge money, just bag them and sell them.

Steve