• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad i got you to put her in racing otherwise would of been quiet day for us.I managed to get a few fun runs etc for the afternoon its just shame all times changed to those advertised.I dont think we will be back next year mind even though was ok i just think was too quiet

None upto now but log onto svlc.co.uk and check on there it was a one off but dare say my dad would do another.Whether ill be there is diff matter as took me 7 hours to get there on fri but 5 to get back home last night.We were not that impressed with few things there if honest.Personally i thought the judge walkin round drinking himself silly while judging was very unprofessional and a few things i overheard him say when pissed i didnt wanna hear.And i mentioned in this forum bout biased judging etc and was told by Fran the judges were experienced pro's but that was not the case with one of em

Well we went and had a great day, setting was perfect next to the river, bloke flying the birds of prey was very knowledeable, using a bird and a saluki to course hares sounds interesting, id like to see that in action.

As for the lurcher and terrier people, very friendly, judging both days very good, different judges, different views, and that is what you go into the ring for, the verdict of the judge in front of you at the time.

I liked the idea of a grand final for all the winners of lurcher, terrier, whippet and gundog and racing champions, exellent idea and well run. This lot deserve more support cos we need shows in the south midlands, and they are putting them on for us. So get along to them. Its a FUN day out.

Was the geordie judge with flat cap.Rest were ok although awarded rosettes to people in their party.Setting was lovely and meeting Ben the Hawk lad in two weeks as he only 20 mins from us.Maybe we will be back next year it depends if invited so ya better ask Forest to ask us to return.Hopefully more people will go and Rich them pups of yours will be ready for real racing and so will Blue.Go on svlc.co.uk and ask em to go back

Right i am firstly going to thank the people who did come and support this new show,cheers.

In answer to the last comment they awarded rosettes to their own party TOTAL CRAP

Not one single member of the team,judges,stewards,runners.No one from the team showed a dog in the rings at anytime,so how could a rosette have been given to one of our team.

I was the only member of the team with a dog there,and anyone will tell you that my dog remained in its cage from start to finish.

My rules are no one from my own team are allowed to show a dog at any of our shows.

We didnt even know anyone there.

LETS HAVE THESE FACTS STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW, NO ONE ON OUR SHOW TEAM HAD A DOG TO SHOW

Sundays lurcher champ and reserve were from wales never seen them before in our lives,

Saturdays lurcher champ was from bucks met the guy once at middlesex show,

saturdays terrier judge from southern counties fell and moorland we have never met him before.

sundays terrier judge from fell and moorland never met him before.

sundays lurcher judge mick,never met him before not a member of my team.

All five ring stewards didnt have a dog,all thirteen judges had no dogs,so what the hell are you bleating on about.

Let me tell you this the game fair spent £860 on rosettes,£1400 on trophies and they are all to keep,it was a logistical nightmare for us who are based in the north of england,i battled to get ringside parking,judges,stewards there and passses so people like you can come out with this bollocks.

After reading other recent threads where well respected judges/lurchermen are been ripped to shreads

I tell you what mate myself and other organisers will be wondering why the feck they even bother,i have bent over backwards to try and give these shows something a little different and begged for a better class of prize,all the judges i have used up to now have been working dog men and women and know there dogs and thats not easy.

Maybe you would like to run something on this scale and see how it really is because right now i couldnt give a toss about bending over backwards to please the whinging show fraternity anymore

Just a observation sat here looking at my results sheets from the weekend

was your dad running the lurcher racing? and did you go all the way back to the north with a large racing champion trophy?

Edited by forrest

fair play F... :clapper::clapper::clapper: when i came to middlesex if you remember ,my jaw hit the floor when i saw those trophies...terrier classes were excellent,every breed catered for..dont rise,you and your team do an excellent job,way and beyond the call of duty

i didn't go to the show so i cant really comment ....but

i know the organizers of this show and she is one of the most honest people i know so everything will have been above board . i know she will have done everything she can to ensure that everyone was happy . but no matter how far you do go someone will try to piss on your parade . but hey you cant please em all

well done f it sounds like i missed all the fun see you soon

d

I did the photography at the show and as forest says it was a logistical nightmare. We arrived on the showground at 9.30pm on the friday after a 200 mile journey. We had to unload the van get some grub and then get our heads down for the night on the floor of the marque!!!.

I find it a shame really as all i get when i'm doing events in the north of england is 'why don't we get events like this down south??'. Well all i can say is if people don't support these larger dog events then they just won't happen..

I'm not directly involved with the show commitee, even though i never show my dogs at any of there events as i know it's there policy that no one associated with the show can show there dogs at the event. IMO there's too much of this going on with other organisers and i applaud this dicission.

Spot on Forest ;) I was one of your judges at the similar show you ran at Harewood House (The Yorkshire Game Fair) along with two lads from my club at Neilston in Scotland and one from the FKWTC No-one knew us from the judging circuit and none of us brought or showed dogs at the events you run, Also we are lucky that the friends we bring with us to show's were, involved in! won't enter their dogs if we, their mates are judging, that to me is what show's are about fairness!!

At Yorkshire, in the Supadog final, I was a member of the panel of three judges, my experience extends from twenty years of keeping and working Jack Russell's to breeding and working GSP's for the last 15 years. the other judges included a working terrier enthusiast and a lurcher nut, We agreed on the winner of that compitition despite it being neither! a terrier lurcher or whippet, In fact a working gundog won, basically there was not another dog in the showring could touch it and it deserved the accolade, I'm a working dog fan and if I'm honest my first love is terrier's but!! I'd like to think I was never influenced by friends or kennel blindness. If ever asked to take part in a show again. Thats why your show's are so refreshing they have an unquestionable degree of honesty, and you have a personal integrity beyond reproach

Tom

Was the geordie judge with flat cap.Rest were ok although awarded rosettes to people in their party.Setting was lovely and meeting Ben the Hawk lad in two weeks as he only 20 mins from us.Maybe we will be back next year it depends if invited so ya better ask Forest to ask us to return.Hopefully more people will go and Rich them pups of yours will be ready for real racing and so will Blue.Go on svlc.co.uk and ask em to go back

in what ring was the geordie judge drinking in while judging?because imo you want to go to specksavers & also get your facts straight,because he didnt have a drink untill he had finished judging, and as for rossetts being given out to our team you are mistaken,we have MORALS unlike your self & your mates entering the racing what your dad is running & WINNING is an absalute fix & a no no in my books.DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WORK GOES INTO PUTTING A SHOW ON FOR f**k WITS LIKE YOURSELF

also can i just ask how many years experience you have with working dogs or racing dogs,because the judge you are slagging off will have forgotten more than you will ever be able to write on the back of a postage samp IMO

Edited by nettle rash