Hi guys, maybe someone could put me out off my misery. About 6 weeks ago my springer chipped a knuckle on his front toe, this injury was only found after an xray request by myself to the vet, don't get me wrong the local vets are excellent, 1 even specializes in greyhounds, but it took 4 weeks after the initial visiT to x-ray him. It was found he had chipped his knuckle and apparently this injury was very uncommon in springers, it was more common with greyhounds. I think i know how it happened after the vet explained how such an injury would occur, as far as i can recall he jumped a ditch, but came up short on the other side hitting the far bank with his feet out to stop him, pushing both his feet backwards, but at the time he did not not show any distress, he only displayed stress about a week later doing a bit off dummy work in long grass. So he was prescribed Radiol.... B-R Embrocation to help with the healing, but i really don't think its going to help as he still has a slight limp after coming back from a walk on the lead. He is a working dog and due to this injury he is behind on his training and starting to play about, i know i cant work him at all as he has to stay on the lead. So my question is....has anyone experienced a similiar injury on their working dog, and if so how long for this type off injury to heal, also is this Radiol that was prescribed effective in rebuilding, or helping in rebuilding bone fractures etc. I had plans for this dog, i had planned to start training him for his first novice trial, but i am too scared too start training him if he's gonna come back limping every time he is worked, even jumping fences of bouncing in long grass has been knocked on the head. I really feel that thi scould take up to 3 to 4 months before i can even attempt to take him out again, not much good lying about the yard, for his sake as well as mine. Any help or advise would be heartly welcome.

Tony.

Edited by mayfly