Hello all,i am thinking about getting a freelander?but dont know much about them,so after some info! what are they like on fuel ect,road tax ect,would be used for all the usual stuff plus the wife would be driving it too!!

Any help would be grand.

cheers lindsay

hi mate,iv had two of the td4 models. to be totally honest i learnt the hard way, if you buy one you will to . atb dai

i'll back you up on that, 12k on the car 4k on parts in just two years (this doesnt include labour as i done everything myself) transfer box x 2, diff, viscous coupling etc, 3 seperate fuel pumps on the td4, one in tank cost me £250, car was just out of warrenty, i learnt the hard way...............................

just got rid of my td4, dont do it to yourself look for something else just remember all parts are rover apart from the bmw engine everything else is shite and if the slave cylinder goes on it for the clutch its housed in the gearbox and thats got to come out and while your at it you fit a new clutch all in about 500-800 depending who you know.