whippet x greyhounds

Guest lurchers&terriers

Guest lurchers&terriers

Forgive me if this has already been done but does anyone here work whippetxgreyhounds? they used to be quite common but you don't here much of them these days. So does anyone work them or have worked them or have a opinion on them? it would be nice to see some pics to.

im training a whippet x greyhound at the mo. 3 and a half months old. he seems to show sighns of chasing already. and seems quite intelligent. he is stone mad tho like a lunatic. cant wait to see how he turns out. atb..

Edited by shooter19
Guest lurchers&terriers
I just got 2 pups workin whippet lines x with a little bull in i had a whippet x grey years but already workin so trainin new 2 me any tips mate what dogs u got what ages did u do more with them as these good at basic stuff like sit fetch wait come cheers if u could send me some tips cheers rich

All the tips i can think of pal are you need to be patent and don't rush them in to anything. If you spend plenty of time with them and build up a good bond you will know when there ready. Start them by letting them watch another dog at work and if you give them a run make sure there easy runs and then gradually build them up. the more you put into them and the more patents you have with them the better they will turn out. thats my opinion anyway

ok to run on bowling greens ;) a good bashing in the dales will leave them with no toes ;)

dont agree with you there fella i have a 3/4whippet 1/4greyhound ran him in the dales many times and on good numbers of rabbits and he very rarely injured his feet, he regually takes 20plus bags and once did 40 in a night last season

ok to run on bowling greens ;) a good bashing in the dales will leave them with no toes ;)

dont agree with you there fella i have a 3/4whippet 1/4greyhound ran him in the dales many times and on good numbers of rabbits and he very rarely injured his feet, he regually takes 20plus bags and once did 40 in a night last season

come for a run

post-33050-1243781626_thumb.jpg

grews dont last where i go mate FACT

come for a run

thats just like saying take your little collie x down the fens running 3/3 though mate , it wont last FACT as you say , no doubt about it , you have yourself a quality little rabbit dog there which obviously no's the score . but as ive stated , good and bad in all crosses and certain crosses are best suited to certain terrains . all best

CL

Edited by coursing_lad
Guest fence_hopper

come for a run

what you course rabbits on that bit of sh*t of land? most people go to farms with abit of grass you muppet

come for a run

thats just like saying take your little collie x down the fens running 3/3 though mate , it wont last FACT as you say , no doubt about it , you have yourself a quality little rabbit dog there which obviously no's the score . but as ive stated , good and bad in all crosses and certain crosses are best suited to certain terrains . all best

CL

i have dogs for the fens pal but to work rabbits up the dales you need the right tools i couldn't take a grew onto that land not last 5 mins ;) feet and brain a must

come for a run

what you course rabbits on that bit of sh*t of land? most people go to farms with abit of grass you muppet

that bit of sh1t land as you call it is prime rabbit land on a 300 acre farm with 700 acre of fell land attached there are no parts on that land my dog wont catch rabbits you just keep to your bowling greens and let the big lads do the real pest control :feck: