i have been asked to put this up as the weather is still hot and the dangers of heat stroke are very much in the forefront .....

heatstroke can be easily overlooked here are a few tips to spot it and the run down of how it affects the dog .....

Panting

High body temperature

Dehydration

Red (congested) membranes in the mouth and eyes

Rapid, irregular heart rate

Diarrhoea

Weakness, looking dazed

Coma

Death

if the dog gets heat stroke here is the quickest and easyest step by step method of curing the dog .....

Move your dog to a cool, shady spot. Get her out of the direct heat.

Take the dog's temperature (if possible). If it's above 104° F, you want to lower that in 10 to 15 minutes and stop when the dog's temperature reaches 104°. Spray or immerse the dog in cool water. Use cool, not ice cold water! as this will cause shock.

Place cool, water-soaked towels on the neck, feet, and belly.

Let the dog drink if it wants.

Get to the nearest vets.

just to illustrate a point here of how dumb pet owners are ....... i was in the woods behind my house the other day when this woman i have seen there a number of times aproached me with her big hairy airedale and started quizzing me about dog pregnancy and births as she had just mated her bitch .... one of the things she said was that she had read in a book that all dogs should be kept on lead walks only as soon as they have been mated .... i obviously put her straight on this and whent into a 15 minuet explination about bitches and pregnancy and finally got through to her ..... the next time i seen her was on saturday afternoon and she had heeded my advice ... infact she had done more than that as aher and her dumb ass husband were throwing a tennis ball for this unclipped airedale to chase back and fore amongst each other in tempretures above 26 degrees .... f*****g numbskulls ... its common sence realy ..... they were put right and the dog was taken into the woods for a swim