hi guys i just got given a bushnell nv monocular with no other information other than it says zenit nv on the lens cover. before i start i will just say i have no idea about nv.

on the side there is a small tube that i am aware takes batteries and when you turn it to on a faint red light comes out the end. should this be a bright light do the batteries need replacing??

also does the main body of the monocular take batteries?? iam assuming it does but the only place i can find that could be anything is a rubber cap that comes off and revieles 2 screws one small and one large. what is this?? is this to do with batteries??

thankyou in advance for any answers.

gossy.

[bANNED TEXT] ime gonna change this a little. ive found out a little bit about it from a friend and the internet.

i have found that this particular model doesnt need batteries due to the fact it has a built-in piezoelectric transducer. no idea what this is but ime sure some of you do.

it says that when you push the lever down on the top down you will get an image and then when this fades you push it agen and it will come back. mine however fades fairly fast and when you squeeze agen it comes back and goes straight away. iam also struggling to get a good clear image.

this was only a free gift from a friend so iam well aware it could be a pile of s**t so could someone let me no if it is?? or if iam doing something wrong?? or need to do something to improve it??

thanks again

gossy

Sounds like you were given it because it is gen 1 and therfore pretty naff unfortunately. In my experience you get what you pay for and sometimes you need to take a big leap of faith and spend a good wad of cash but further down the line you will spend it was money well spent! Sorry if this a bit negative....if you are ever in Scotland and want to see some Gen2+ in action then let me know.

Sounds like you were given it because it is gen 1 and therfore pretty naff unfortunately. In my experience you get what you pay for and sometimes you need to take a big leap of faith and spend a good wad of cash but further down the line you will spend it was money well spent! Sorry if this a bit negative....if you are ever in Scotland and want to see some Gen2+ in action then let me know.

cheers buddy i suspected this may be the case after all who would give away good nv. thanks for your reply though and if i ever am i will. thanks for the offer

atb

gossy