what age did you get your first permission at?

Got mine when i was 13, i'm 18 now and got 9 lots of permission :) best thing to do is be polite, go and ask for the permisssion by yourself and as for it at every farm that you can get to. Have you got any ferrets mate? Your more likely to get permission for ferreting than for shooting then after a few month when the farmer knows he can trust you and your not there just to mess about you should ask for permission with the air rifle.

yeah i know, because there are a lot of yobs in my area who just mess about with airguns and don't do the job properly and wound more than they kill its hard to get the farmers to trust you. but greatwhitehunter has offered to take me out for a day on his 500 acre perission and i'm looking forward to that.

Edited by aaronpigeonplucker

must be hard when you dont know the farmers/landowners but i think many farmers would not be keen on letting a young boy on permision with a gun just because of the inexperience and accidents that can happen....try making it clear that you will be supervised by an experienced adult at all times and get yourself insured............and always be polite...hope this helps :D

yeah still i would say alot of farmers today,you know with all the law suits that happen wouldnt want a young boy with a gun who isnt acompanied by an adult on there land.......that may be why many people have said no