I'm new at reloading rifle cartridges.what size primer for .243win. I'm using 107 sierra bthp for whitetail and not sure about powder.

cant remember what sort of primers i used pal but the powder was vita vorie (sorry about the spelling) it always used to work a treat for me.

I'm new at reloading rifle cartridges.what size primer for .243win. I'm using 107 sierra bthp for whitetail and not sure about powder.

Large Rifle primers. I am experimenting with Federal 210M and CCI primers.

What is the twist rate in your rifle? Asking because many people with a twist rate 12 and over have difficulty in getting heavy bullets to shoot through such a slow twist rate as 12:1 and 13:1 In my experience slow twist rifles favour the lighter bullet heads. If your twist rate is something like 10:1 then you should have no problem with the 107 gr heads

H414 is a popular powder for the .243

Peter

most common teists in the .243 are 1 in 10 or 1 in 9 1/8, The .243 shooting 107g bullets will need a 1 in 8 twist to stabilize them,

good powders to try are vit n140, vit n 160, varget, and imr 4831, and reloader 15 or 19 depending on bullet weight....

varget is a very good powder in the .243,

Snap.

Large Rifle primers. I am experimenting with Federal 210M and CCI primers.

What is the twist rate in your rifle? Asking because many people with a twist rate 12 and over have difficulty in getting heavy bullets to shoot through such a slow twist rate as 12:1 and 13:1 In my experience slow twist rifles favour the lighter bullet heads. If your twist rate is something like 10:1 then you should have no problem with the 107 gr heads

H414 is a popular powder for the .243

Peter

thank you that at least gets me in right direction.

most common teists in the .243 are 1 in 10 or 1 in 9 1/8, The .243 shooting 107g bullets will need a 1 in 8 twist to stabilize them,

good powders to try are vit n140, vit n 160, varget, and imr 4831, and reloader 15 or 19 depending on bullet weight....

varget is a very good powder in the .243,

Snap.

now my problem is getting primers in USA ,stores can't get them with what is going on over seas