duck hunting with airgun

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Catcher
you can shoot ducks aslong as you have landowners permission and there in season

Are you sure mate? Do they not have to consider a pest first

yerr am shure same as when you shoot pheasants

Pheasants are rared for shooting ducks are still cosidered wild .There is a differance

you can shoot ducks aslong as you have landowners permission and there in season

Pheasants are rared for shooting ducks are still cosidered wild .There is a differance

no diferance when it comes to shooting them

Guest Catcher

Maybe but we are talking is it legal.Dont want to give the wrong advice and get him into any hassle with the law.atb catcher :thumbs:

Maybe but we are talking is it legal.Dont want to give the wrong advice and get him into any hassle with the law.atb catcher :thumbs:

IT IS BLOODY LEGAL STOP ARGUEING

Guest Catcher

IT IS BLOODY LEGAL STOP ARGUEING

Did you do a google young man.iT,S NOT LEGAL .That is my last word.atb catcher. :big_boss:

Guest Catcher
anyway if ou go on the main site of THL then there are a few articles on duck hunting with airguns in he shooting section, so to all those who said its ilegal your wrong!

Hello ma man i was hoping i had here the last of this.To take any wildfowel with an air gun in the Uk .YOU Must appley for a license to say they are a pest on you land.It,s the sane as a Badger or fox only you will have to shoot then with abullet or shootgun.The only Quarry you can take legaly with air rilfel on an groud without it been delared a pest is a brown rat.grey squirrel,rabbit, crow or rook,magpie,jay,wodpidgeon,collared dove feral pidgeon,house mouse,mink.Anything easl you or the land owner has to have a permit to kill it with an air rilfle.atb catcher. :tongue2:

anyway if ou go on the main site of THL then there are a few articles on duck hunting with airguns in he shooting section, so to all those who said its ilegal your wrong!

Hello ma man i was hoping i had here the last of this.To take any wildfowel with an air gun in the Uk .YOU Must appley for a license to say they are a pest on you land.It,s the sane as a Badger or fox only you will have to shoot then with abullet or shootgun.The only Quarry you can take legaly with air rilfel on an groud without it been delared a pest is a brown rat.grey squirrel,rabbit, crow or rook,magpie,jay,wodpidgeon,collared dove feral pidgeon,house mouse,mink.Anything easl you or the land owner has to have a permit to kill it with an air rilfle.atb catcher. :tongue2:

I think you are getting confused with the recommended airgun quarry list. Whilst it gives you a list of quarry, it doesn't say that it's illegal to kill other game with an air rifle. It might be seen as unsporting in some quarters, but it's deffo not illegal, ie. no law against it.

You can read all the recommended lists you wish to, be it from defra, BASC, whatever, but a recommended quarry list is not a law.

There's tons of pages on this stuff in this section, it's been done to death. Check the back pages of this section.

I think you are getting confused with the recommended airgun quarry list. Whilst it gives you a list of quarry, it doesn't say that it's illegal to kill other game with an air rifle. It might be seen as unsporting in some quarters, but it's deffo not illegal, ie. no law against it.

You can read all the recommended lists you wish to, be it from defra, BASC, whatever, but a recommended quarry list is not a law.

There's tons of pages on this stuff in this section, it's been done to death. Check the back pages of this section.

I thought all animals that he listed above were othe only ones on the open liscence and so you would have to apply for a liscence for anything else??

Hughesey