keep losing Zero!

It is quite conceivable that both scopes are doing the same thing - neither is what I would call any good, and loss of zero is one of the more common problems with cheap scopes. Do you have/know anyone that has, anything decent?

i know 3 other people that shoot with the same bsa scope that i use, none of them have any trouble, they all use hmr too.

I will keep an eye on things.

still don't know how often i should be cleaning, makes perfect sence what 'woz' says.

:hmm:

I think the plan is to -

Re-check all is tight, mod as well.

fully clean complete rifle

put 10 rounds through it after clean

re-set zero

go lamping and test zero after a few outings

Just to rule out the 'cleaning' issue i have, i will not clean for 50rounds and see if my zero still differs.

Thanks guys

Well - zero'd the scope today, and popped up the farm for 25mins - 4 rabbits. lets see how long it lasts!

Edited by hotel2zero

Hope your sights stay zeroed.

I was told I could not shoot hares as they are not vermin and not on a Sunday, is this correct?

CBW

Hare season is : 1 August - 29 February

http://www.willogame.co.uk/game_seasons.htm

It isn't that simple......Hares cannot be sold from Mar 1 to July 31. If the land you shoot hares on is classed as moorland or unenclosed land and your permission on that land is through the landowner or occupier then a close season and other restrictions may legally apply on that land.

...and you are not meant to shoot them on Sundays, and a few other days of the year as well!!! :thumbs:

Hope your sights stay zeroed.

I was told I could not shoot hares as they are not vermin and not on a Sunday, is this correct?

CBW

Hare season is : 1 August - 29 February

http://www.willogame.co.uk/game_seasons.htm

It isn't that simple......Hares cannot be sold from Mar 1 to July 31. If the land you shoot hares on is classed as moorland or unenclosed land and your permission on that land is through the landowner or occupier then a close season and other restrictions may legally apply on that land.

...and you are not meant to shoot them on Sundays, and a few other days of the year as well!!! :thumbs:

my post did say that i got 2 hares sunday night aswell as the rabbits, however i did wait until 1am (monday morning) before i went out.

but i thought i'd edit the hare 'bit' out to save any confusion.

i have permission from FEO and land owner to shoot hare, but still in accordance with the law

:angel:

It is all so confusing!!!!!

CBW

Actually it is a bit confusing with regard Hare, but I see it as...

If you have permission to shoot on a farm/estate/etc/etc with clearly defined boundaries you can shoot them ALL year...the closed season does not apply. There is only a closed season on moorland or unenclosed land an only then in some circumstances. No shooting Game FOR SPORT on Sundays, includes birds and Deer (...there are exceptions for Vermin control, Humane despatch, etc).

It is suggested this was to give the peasants a chance to practice their Archery skills on Sundays (on targets) and more recently (100-150 year back) to make sure Game Keepers had a day off each week!! Who knows...as good a suggestion as any!

Hare cannot be shot on Christmas day and a few other days as well. I'm not 100% on the Hare details as there simply aren't any on my land, so when I get invites for Hare shooting I'm guided by my host!! :hmm:

Perhaps someone else can fully relate the law/rules!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker
It is all so confusing!!!!!

CBW

Actually it is a bit confusing with regard Hare, but I see it as...

If you have permission to shoot on a farm/estate/etc/etc with clearly defined boundaries you can shoot them ALL year...the closed season does not apply. There is only a closed season on moorland or unenclosed land an only then in some circumstances. No shooting Game FOR SPORT on Sundays, includes birds and Deer (...there are exceptions for Vermin control, Humane despatch, etc).

It is suggested this was to give the peasants a chance to practice their Archery skills on Sundays (on targets) and more recently (100-150 year back) to make sure Game Keepers had a day off each week!! Who knows...as good a suggestion as any!

Hare cannot be shot on Christmas day and a few other days as well. I'm not 100% on the Hare details as there simply aren't any on my land, so when I get invites for Hare shooting I'm guided by my host!! :hmm:

Perhaps someone else can fully relate the law/rules!!! :thumbs:

Please!

Well this is why i removed the picture and edited the post, just to avoid confusion, however it would be good to have some clarity on this matter

;)