• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eamon.Mc
Keep your knickers on meg!!!

And when I say did something for her what I should have said was she was in pup when I got her so I welped her pups and returned them upon weaning.

Not much of a terrierman breeding from a 2y/o bitch?? :whistling:

am currently trying to toilet train a pup i kept back, to add to the problem ive just had a plate put in my leg, so am on crutches with no weight to be allowed on leg at all, the cumpulsory opening of the door every 40 mins or mopping up is a bit harder for me than most but has become more of a pleasure as i seem to be mopping up less and less by the day...keep at it, persistence is the key...not punishment, good luck and remember, a pup is an empty book... the more time put into the pages, the better the read...good luck

Keep your knickers on meg!!!

And when I say did something for her what I should have said was she was in pup when I got her so I welped her pups and returned them upon weaning.

Not much of a terrierman breeding from a 2y/o bitch?? :whistling:

Not my doing! I got the offer after she'd been mated anyway. Colour is nothing to do with it. She was put to a red lakeland anyway.

All my point was is that she was timid...now fine.

Fair play Meg, I am sure we all know lots of "terriermen" that give away 2y/o dogs that a showing a lot of promise/working well......... :victory:

Glad the dog is doing well for you :victory:

Edited by WILF

i have a patterdale same age and lines as yours and he pisses in the house so when he does he is carmly taken to it and told no in a firm voice and put out side

when out with him when he takes a piss i praise him and make a fuss there is now less pissing inside and in the morning he has been holding till he let out at 6:30 there is no need to smack any dog of that age think of him as you would a baby at 15 weeks old you are not training him yet just conditioning him plenty of play and praise build his confidence and pups always piss when excited so if someones at the door put him out side first take your time

post-22256-1229101461_thumb.jpg

Terriers are a confidence dog, work slow with the little one, I have one line of dogs I can't even yell at or they become no good for the rest of their lives from what I was told by a older man in the line, you have to discpline in a very lady like manner to get them to understand some of them and others can take the punishment with no prob, even though these dogs are rough, they are babies on the inside because they worship their masters so much, I have a friends that are heavy into patterdales and some of them don't come around to full terrier status until a year old, booth lines but when they do watch out. Some just mature later mentally, I have one dog that 2 years old still hasn't matured mentally but he is coming around fine then had others from a different but similar cross that are ready at 6 months. Take your time brother.

cheers mate many thanks

Terriers are a confidence dog, work slow with the little one, I have one line of dogs I can't even yell at or they become no good for the rest of their lives from what I was told by a older man in the line, you have to discpline in a very lady like manner to get them to understand some of them and others can take the punishment with no prob, even though these dogs are rough, they are babies on the inside because they worship their masters so much, I have a friends that are heavy into patterdales and some of them don't come around to full terrier status until a year old, booth lines but when they do watch out. Some just mature later mentally, I have one dog that 2 years old still hasn't matured mentally but he is coming around fine then had others from a different but similar cross that are ready at 6 months. Take your time brother.

cheers mate many thanks

dont crack the dog mate, think of it being a little child, when it does wrong use a firm voice saying NO, and when it does right praise it for doing good, that goes a long way for a pup, keep putting the pup outside and stay with it until it pee's and give it plenty praise. pups tend to need to pee at least every hour or so. So should keep you busy.

It is easy to get a bit aggrivated with dogs doing wrong but thats all part off owning them. eventually they will tell you what they want and when they want it.

BE PATIENT

John

cheers many thanks

you chose a harsh way to teach your dog. why didn't you rub his nose in the amonia ridden urine and ruin its sense of smell while you at it?

so how do you house train yr dog s then or do u let them piss every where ...bet its nice in yr house :clapper: